• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Is Spider-Gwen officially now a Flash in the Pan, much like how in sports there's highly touted prospect athletes that are proclaimed "the next..." (fill in the blank, such as Jordan, Griffey Jr, Brady or Gretzky) destined to the hall of fame, only to fizzle out and become "has beens that never was"

OR... is the character just settling in, as she got so sizzling hot, so fast, nothing like that could be sustainable at that level, so she's in good hands, supported by Marvel and a solid readership?

All I see or saw was it seemed that the crazy sounding "Gwen Pool" came out and took the spotlight away from "Spider Gwen" and continues to oddly thrive in greater popularity.

Is Spider-Gwen officially now a Flash in the Pan, much like how in sports there's highly touted prospect athletes that are proclaimed "the next..." (fill in the blank, such as Jordan, Griffey Jr, Brady or Gretzky) destined to the hall of fame, only to fizzle out and become "has beens that never was"

OR... is the character just settling in, as she got so sizzling hot, so fast, nothing like that could be sustainable at that level, so she's in good hands, supported by Marvel and a solid readership?

All I see or saw was it seemed that the crazy sounding "Gwen Pool" came out and took the spotlight away from "Spider Gwen" and continues to oddly thrive in greater popularity.

When Gwenpool gets a single T-shirt made Ill entertain the thought of having that property as a speculative secondary option

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Clothing-Shoes-Accessories/11450/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_nkw=%22spider+gwen%22

It was a flash in the pan to start with, but depending on how Spider-Gwen is handled she may regain some of the sizzle.

FWIW, the next "Gwen" to get a title is supposedly Gwenom - that is where the speculative $$$ will be going.

The way I see it is Marvel is taking their time with this property. Theyre in no rush to spend marketing money on her while shes already selling. Theres so much merch for this property. Hundreds of shirts, action figures, toys, shes on a video game, now a cartoon. Do you even doubt that shell get a movie in the next few years?

Shes just like what deadpool was at the beginning as far as merchandising is concerned. Only targeting a different demographic.

Spider-Gwen is in a Marvel cartoon now, so she is becoming mainstream. My 8 year old daughter knows who she is without ever having seen my Spider-Gwen comics

Good to hear, glad Marvel didn't go all in and make her a flash in the pan.

Another reason why I believe this property will only get more popular with time..

Merchandise! Merchandise! Merchandise!

Havent seen a new comic character with so much merch power!

gwen.jpg

Nice shelf. I have space reserved for the upcoming Kotobukiya Bishoujo and ArtFX+ Spider-Gwens.