• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

I was surprised to see this come back as a 2.5 Universal. I thought it would be a 5.5 Qualified. Is it common now for a punched book to just take a big hit and be graded Universal? (shrug)

SKMBT_C25216101719210_zps1d9n1ycs.jpg

not sure but I think you could have requested a green label and have it assigned a re hnicsl grade. You should have. Allied ahead of time and upon its arrival.

SKMBT_C25216101719230_zpstxsud60r.jpg

That Airboy is awesome and definitely rocking a cover that makes me want to read it. So, assuming you have, how long is he in the air before he realizes she is tied to the prop?!

As I recall there was a pretty girl but she was never strapped to the propeller in the story. I am a total sucker for covers with chicks strapped to flying contraptions of all sorts.

It was the end of summer 1976 and my family and I were driving to the West Coast. I was 14 or 15 at the time and we were in San Diego and saw a convention for... comics :o . My parents could not care either way but I had to go and see what that was. It was amazing!! People caring about things that I did. I had about $20 to spend. I saw a Silver Surfer #1 NM+ for 6.00 (I did not see one spine tick). Of course, I spent my 6.00 on a Howard the Duck #1 :tonofbricks: .

On one of the nearby tables, Frank Brunner was signing (no charge, of course). Howard the Duck guy.... I bought a Doctor Strange #1 and he signed it on the bottom of the first page. It was kind of fun.

Here it is... 40 years later.

gp7gYve.jpg