• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hi I just signed up. Mu name is Megyn. I like to draw on blank covers. I never tried selling them before, but I would like too. I dont really know how to go about it. I also have a friend that draws on covers and he has alot he can sell. I would try to post him on here too. Not sure if anyone buys covers from unknows.

Hi I just signed up. Mu name is Megyn. I like to draw on blank covers. I never tried selling them before, but I would like too. I dont really know how to go about it. I also have a friend that draws on covers and he has alot he can sell. I would try to post him on here too. Not sure if anyone buys covers from unknows.

Hey, if it's great art and someone doesn't care if it's slabbed, it'll sell.

Jerome

Welcome

Feel free to share your art HERE (thumbs u

Hi all. I'm a fairly recent collector and (I'm afraid I'm gonna get lynched here) have only started collecting select floppies/monthlies thanks to the MCU movies and Marvel Unlimited. I don't think my collection of individual print issues will ever reach the thousands like a lot of you have here (I just don't have the space for it along with my anime and manga collection) but what I do have, I plan to enjoy. :)

I loved watching 90s cartoons as a kid (Batman, X-Men, Spider-Man, Superman, etc) but comic collecting was just way beyond my meager allowance (wasn't a US resident back then and imports are expensive). The breadth of material also seems quite daunting. I've bought and enjoy watching DC Animated Universe direct-to-video movies but I wouldn't even know where to begin with DC comics and I expect even with Comixology sales, it would be quite an expensive endeavor to get all caught up, never mind sourcing and buying long out-of-print editions. I have bought a couple of DC TPBs (Justice League: Tower of Babel and The Death of Superman due to DCAU's Justice League: Doom and Superman: Doomsday) but the lack of a subscription service similar to Marvel Unlimited makes me hesitant to pick up DC titles.

In the meantime, there's plenty of stuff I still haven't read on Marvel Unlimited and I'm looking forward to receiving my first non-manga Previews pre-order this November. :D

Hello! I'm MARK :) I knew that the Census was free, I had been reading the chatboards but just realized it is free as well :cry: didn't realize it until 7 months later lol I got into comics when I was 5 years old with TMNT #1 but was too young to buy it.... was old enough to have my own money around ASM #300 went to college and came back to comics with money enough for a modest collection....only been to 3 comic conventions already have some SS CGC and looking forward to some funny book madness!!

Hey all! I'm Kevin, and I guess you could say that I'm newish to vintage collecting(I've been collecting, as a broke kid, an old issue of interest and cheapish price here and there for about ten years, but have recently started making the kind of income where I can put a little more into it)? I mean, I've had comics around for the bulk of my life, inheriting a decent chunk of silver/bronze age Marvel and DC stuff when I was about 5. Learned to read off the damn things, even. My love of superheroes in particular was called a phase by my parents, but here I am, 22 years later, and still can't get enough of the capes. That's not to say that I don't enjoy other stuff, I absolutely do, with a particular love for anything smacking of Americana, including old horror, science fiction, detective/crime pulps, and humor mags, although I am, admittedly, very much a novice in this area and have already found a wealth of information and insight here on the boards. I have primarily collected Bronze/Silver stuff, and would call myself more of a Marvel guy, but have my own fair share of love for old DC stuff too. My current principal goal is the finishing of my run on Daredevil volume 1, as well as the picking up of a mid-range TMNT 1. I look forward to chatting with all of you guys, and tapping into the vast pools of knowledge that seems to be here, especially among you old-timers. :P

Edited by AMightyEsquilax

Hello everyone!

I am Mr.Joe.

I'm from Taiwan.

Whatta you know Joe. :applause:

That's MISTER Joe, buddy!

Hey all! I'm Kevin, and I guess you could say that I'm newish to vintage collecting(I've been collecting, as a broke kid, an old issue of interest and cheapish price here and there for about ten years, but have recently started making the kind of income where I can put a little more into it)? I mean, I've had comics around for the bulk of my life, inheriting a decent chunk of silver/bronze age Marvel and DC stuff when I was about 5. Learned to read off the damn things, even. My love of superheroes in particular was called a phase by my parents, but here I am, 22 years later, and still can't get enough of the capes. That's not to say that I don't enjoy other stuff, I absolutely do, with a particular love for anything smacking of Americana, including old horror, science fiction, detective/crime pulps, and humor mags, although I am, admittedly, very much a novice in this area and have already found a wealth of information and insight here on the boards. I have primarily collected Bronze/Silver stuff, and would call myself more of a Marvel guy, but have my own fair share of love for old DC stuff too. My current principal goal is the finishing of my run on Daredevil volume 1, as well as the picking up of a mid-range TMNT 1. I look forward to chatting with all of you guys, and tapping into the vast pools of knowledge that seems to be here, especially among you old-timers. :P

Welcome! Visit us in the magazine forum... :gossip: You'll find some super cool cover galleries there

Hello everyone, long-time collector (49 now; started off the racks at the 5) but new to the boards. Been reading for a few weeks, ever since the guys at Comic Book Daily turned me on to these boards.

Grew up on bronze books as they hit the stands; 90's killed new books for me, stuck mostly to back issues. Today, I'm focused on making my collection smaller and better while still keeping it diverse and interesting. For me, of late, that has meant Golden Age and Silver Age of all stripes, and a few bronze keys and oddities.

I've been enjoying buying small collections of late, pulling what I want to add to my permanent collection, and spinning the rest back out in trade or for cash to put back into the collection.

That's the nutshell; more details to come when I am rested enough to release my origin issue over the origin story thread!

Hello everyone, long-time collector (49 now; started off the racks at the 5) but new to the boards. Been reading for a few weeks, ever since the guys at Comic Book Daily turned me on to these boards.

Grew up on bronze books as they hit the stands; 90's killed new books for me, stuck mostly to back issues. Today, I'm focused on making my collection smaller and better while still keeping it diverse and interesting. For me, of late, that has meant Golden Age and Silver Age of all stripes, and a few bronze keys and oddities.

I've been enjoying buying small collections of late, pulling what I want to add to my permanent collection, and spinning the rest back out in trade or for cash to put back into the collection.

That's the nutshell; more details to come when I am rested enough to release my origin issue over the origin story thread!

Welcome. :applause: