• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

You almost never see this book in this shape. Most of the ones for sale are rags. This is the best early Showcase cover in my opinion, with the possible exception of Showcase 3.

Showcase guys want it.

Challengers guys want it.

Octopus guys want it.

Seems like a monster to me! :shrug:

+1

I don't know who has the 9.4, but I own the 9.2. This 9.0 copy is the best copy to come to market in quite a while. I expect the octopus guys to be all over it! lol

After finally getting back my submitted 103, which was 9.6 I finally have a 100% full CGC graded run in 5.0 or better. Yay me!

Shameless plug- I'm also selling some of my accumulated undercopies tomorrow in the SA sales thread.

After finally getting back my submitted 103, which was 9.6 I finally have a 100% full CGC graded run in 5.0 or better. Yay me!

Great ! Congratulations Sam !

Shameless plug- I'm also selling some of my accumulated undercopies tomorrow in the SA sales thread.

Can be good news for Showcase collectors.

Too bad, I have dropped collecting comig books since last year. There must be great things in your undercopies !

You're definitely conquered one of the toughest mountains to climb among Silver Age DC's :acclaim:

Sadly I can`t manage any older than Showcase 24 in this thread:

Comic202_zpswymw0dz1.jpg

One of these years I hope I hope to manage to get an early Challengers of the Unknown or Space Ranger issue....

:wishluck:

Edited by Hepcat

9 hours ago, Sam I am1 said:

I suspect this was a fake sale

- auctioned only for one day

- ending time at 6:25am (who ends it then?)

- if you look at the feedback the same guy keeps winning all this sellers comic book auctions and leaving positive feedback (those were one day, 1 bid auctions too)

i could be wrong, but seems unlikely. $7,000 is too cheap for an ow/w 6.0

11 hours ago, Riddler said:

I suspect this was a fake sale

- auctioned only for one day

- ending time at 6:25am (who ends it then?)

- if you look at the feedback the same guy keeps winning all this sellers comic book auctions and leaving positive feedback (those were one day, 1 bid auctions too)

i could be wrong, but seems unlikely. 

Well hopefully he racks up fees thus contributing to Ebay's profits!

(thumbsu