• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

...with a 600 book thread, you're looking at 60 ++ pages, so I would definitely have a list handy to edit in with what's left(after the fact would be fine...). Personally, I would break it up into several groups, to make it easier for buyers and lookers to navigate. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Absolutely. If a thread hits a large number of pages and doesn't have a recap, either in the beginning or the end, if I haven't been in it since the beginning, I don't like trying to figure out what's been claimed and what hasn't been, so I sometimes will avoid them altogether.

FWIW, for all of my large threads, I try to put a recap at my stopping point (with everything sold marked as such) and a link to it on the first page (and in the subject title). It's more work, but the more buyer-friendly the thread is, the more likely you're going to have success as a seller.

Same for me with no recap, I don't bother going through it all to figure out what's available. Rarely worth the trouble.

:facepalm:

Clearly a marked up copy and not a "pink variant". I'm guessing the seller was being a little cute however not sure if the buyer actually realized this.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=9609230&Searchpage=1&Main=419842&Words=+uchiha101&topic=0&Search=true#Post9609230

Clearly a marked up copy and not a "pink variant". I'm guessing the seller was being a little cute however not sure if the buyer actually realized this.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=56&Number=9609230&Searchpage=1&Main=419842&Words=+uchiha101&topic=0&Search=true#Post9609230

Yes he does. And thanks for calling me cute! ;)

I thought it was the "Slap" variant! ???

I thought it was the "Slap" variant! ???

Avatar ready. Feel free to steal it.

slap_zpskcz8f4f8.jpg

Hello I am a long time collector but new to the CGC grading. I just had my first 30 books graded and now they are for sale. My question is what do most people use as a way to properly price their books?

I of course look at ebay and see what the average price of any given book is at the time and that I suppose is a good way to get a feel for what your 9.8 (insert title here) book will sell for or at least what you should start it out as. Are there any other sources or options besides ebay to help judge a proper asking price for a book? Especially a book you do not see on ebay as often as others?

I have looked at "gocollect" but without upgrading and paying you can not see the current sales, and I also doubt how up to date that source really is.

I have a few books that I am having a hard time pricing, don't want to over price or short change myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

if you are really hurting for data you can also look at the sold eBay results for raw copies of the book and then add the price of slabbing. but that does require a little focus since those sale prices vary widely depending on how the seller is at grading (and what he calls it, and what it looks like).

but for issues without a lot of sales it's something.

Thanks for the fast and informative responses. I put a link to my books on ebay on another thread. Might be making some price adjustments after a little more research as well as adding some more.

Might also take a look at what your books are selling for on Metropolis and other dealer sites. Think of those prices as a ceiling on what you are likely to get.

If you register on the Heritage site, you can also check their sold listings.

Selling on eBay without much feedback or comic selling history (if that's what you are doing) can be tough.