• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,430 posts in this topic

Thanks to Bob Storms for another awesome spidey to add to my run!

uc?id=0BydR4Qun9GiOZUFtYWVHQ2RmcFpWaFZkMzVMVDJEdzVzOXNv

Whoa! Big book!

I know I sound like a broken record...Bob Storms is my favorite dealer in the biz. The consummate professional. (worship)

Bill Schelly mentioned that ASM 7 had a profound impact when he was a youngster, and that it might be his favorite issue..... I love it as well.... Parker is still wearing glasses.... the schoolmates still think he's a punk, but somehow, Spider-Man has boosted his confidence.... enough to where he puts the smooth move on Betty at the end of the issue :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

rlneITL.jpg

Whoa! Big book!

I know I sound like a broken record...Bob Storms is my favorite dealer in the biz. The consummate professional. (worship)

Thank you all for the congrats! Certainly one of my favorite books in the run. The early Romita's are hard to beat!

I couldn't agree more. Bob's my favorite dealer as well. I just got back into collecting earlier this year (which I find myself saying a lot too) and a friend of mine pointed me in Bob's direction. To the point where if I'm looking for a book in my run I turn to Bob!

..... thanks, bro. I got it from a best friend who had to sell his collection a while back. He got it from Storms years ago, but unfortunately my friend had a habit of putting a small dab of glue at the bottom of the spine to keep it from snagging on the Mylar.....and knowing I liked raw books, he didn't mention it. I found myself in a position of needing to sell, and sold it to a boardie...... about 6 months later he contacted me and told me it came back a PLOD 8.0 due to the glue.... naturally, I refunded his money and took the book back. My buddy gave me a partial refund and I just kept the book..... I did scrape the glue off..... and it's now one of my favorite books..... in the back of the Mylar I keep a letter that we had to write to our parents back in Elementary School.... thanking them for all they do. I found it in my Mom's hope chest when she passed away.... I thanked my Dad for helping me in the Soap Box Derby and thanked Mom for getting me FF 97 at the newsstand...... I even used the word "Gee" in the letter..... lol ...that's how long ago it was. The book and the letter remind me of childhood and friendship..... my buddy and I are still friends, even though I had to refund several people who I sold his books to.... but hey, I learned how to spot glue (shrug) ...true friendship sometimes involves forgiveness.... GOD BLESS...

..... thanks, bro. I got it from a best friend who had to sell his collection a while back. He got it from Storms years ago, but unfortunately my friend had a habit of putting a small dab of glue at the bottom of the spine to keep it from snagging on the Mylar.....and knowing I liked raw books, he didn't mention it. I found myself in a position of needing to sell, and sold it to a boardie...... about 6 months later he contacted me and told me it came back a PLOD 8.0 due to the glue.... naturally, I refunded his money and took the book back. My buddy gave me a partial refund and I just kept the book..... I did scrape the glue off..... and it's now one of my favorite books..... in the back of the Mylar I keep a letter that we had to write to our parents back in Elementary School.... thanking them for all they do. I found it in my Mom's hope chest when she passed away.... I thanked my Dad for helping me in the Soap Box Derby and thanked Mom for getting me FF 97 at the newsstand...... I even used the word "Gee" in the letter..... lol ...that's how long ago it was. The book and the letter remind me of childhood and friendship..... my buddy and I are still friends, even though I had to refund several people who I sold his books to.... but hey, I learned how to spot glue (shrug) ...true friendship sometimes involves forgiveness.... GOD BLESS...

Well said Jimbo!

You're definitely one of the good guys jimbo! And a great story to go with the book! One of my favorite aspects of collecting are the memories. (thumbs u

Whoa! Big book!

Thank you all for the congrats! Certainly one of my favorite books in the run. The early Romita's are hard to beat!

I couldn't agree more. Bob's my favorite dealer as well. I just got back into collecting earlier this year (which I find myself saying a lot too) and a friend of mine pointed me in Bob's direction. To the point where if I'm looking for a book in my run I turn to Bob!

Now to just get that other friend of ours collecting again. Congrats once again on a killer book!

Whoa! Big book!

Now to just get that other friend of ours collecting again. Congrats once again on a killer book!

Exactly! And just as it happened to us... It only takes that first book to get hooked!