• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze Westerns

147 posts in this topic

Why is that? Smaller print runs? I love to pick up new kane cover ones in the best shape I can, but as you say, they are few and far between.

As a reader and buyer from back in the day, I believe it's the combination of low print runs and long times spent on the spinner racks (where they were pawed) and shelves (where they were mishandled), compared with the Superhero counterparts.

I posted this awhile ago. It's a complete list of every Marvel comics Western that was released from 1/1960 to 12/1979.

577 Western Comics were produced from Marvel from those years. Here is a list of all of them. Made the list myself...could be missing something. But I think its complete.

Ghost Rider # 1-7

Giant-Size Kid Colt # 1-3

Gunhawks # 1-7

Gunslinger (Tex Dawson) # 1-3

Gunsmoke Western # 55-77

Kid Colt Outlaw # 88-229

Mighty Marvel Western # 1-46

Night Rider # 1-6

Outlaw Kid # 1-30

Rawhide Kid # 17-151

Rawhide Kid Special # 1

Red Wolf # 1-9

Ringo Kid # 1-30

Two-Gun Kid # 50-136

Western Gunfighters # 1-33

Western Kid # 1-5

Western Team-Up # 1

Wyatt Earp # 26-34

Wow! Those are nice. Any Bronze Age keys I should look out for?

I don't think there were any key Westerns in the Bronze Age. A lot of the issues released during the 70s were reprints of earlier issues. But they were still cool comics. :cloud9:

Agreed! You're probably correct in saying that no Marvel Bronze would be key issues. (I know you're not a big DC guy.)

DC would probably have at least two:

All Star Western 10- First Jonah Hex

Jonah Hex #1

Did Westworld (1973) movie ever appear in any Marvel mag back then or was it only spoofed most likely in MAD mag? :popcorn: Love the new HBO Westworld tv series. <3

Crazy #5

07148039-2AAE-4E6A-BE72-4F9FE86163EC_zpseatvozxd.jpg

Nice Kelly Freas cover too. About $32 in nm per Overstreet but not for long, as published by Marvel/Curtis. (thumbs u

Edited by aardvark88

Wow! Those are nice. Any Bronze Age keys I should look out for?

I don't think there were any key Westerns in the Bronze Age. A lot of the issues released during the 70s were reprints of earlier issues. But they were still cool comics. :cloud9:

Agreed! You're probably correct in saying that no Marvel Bronze would be key issues. (I know you're not a big DC guy.)

DC would probably have at least two:

All Star Western 10- First Jonah Hex

Jonah Hex #1

Ok. Thats good to know.

Though I am a Jonah Hex fan I have yet to get those two.