• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

So the gold is just gold Avengers dressing, nothing with Campbell's artwork? That seems rather lazy

Avengers dressing & color-changing the costume on Spidey to Miles instead of Peter. Virtually zero line work change though.

So the gold is just gold Avengers dressing, nothing with Campbell's artwork? That seems rather lazy

Avengers dressing & color-changing the costume on Spidey to Miles instead of Peter. Virtually zero line work change though.

Pretty much. Same exact art, just changed the color and print run is 1k.

Still not exactly that great, considering how much dead space is on that cover & how very... un-special it is.

But at least with the fixed pricing it's only "I'll pass on this one" instead of the "are you f$*%ing high?" absurdity pricing that it was originally.

Edited by Doktor

Because it is JSC and a lot of his stuff ends up being worth $. JSC, Dell Otto and Hughes seem like the big three cover artists right now from what I can tell. I really like Artgerm but his stuff isn't worth as much...yet. One run on a high profile book could change that in a hurry though.