• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics in the Bronze Age
2 2

139 posts in this topic

Beautiful! I really want the other 100 page giant in the Action run, that black cover...

It must be really tough holding out for 9.8s of these. I find it hard enough to come by a nice 9.6 or the raw equivalent. My 437 is a possible 9.6, but a 9.8, especially with 100 pagers, is so hard to predict.

action437.jpg

Edited by Paul_Maul

Beautiful! I really want the other 100 page giant in the Action run, that black cover...

It must be really tough holding out for 9.8s of these. I find it hard enough to come by a nice 9.6 or the raw equivalent. My 437 is a possible 9.6, but a 9.8, especially with 100 pagers, is so hard to predict.

action437.jpg

Another fantastic book you have there! Yes, it is tough holding out for 9.8s. My dream run is Action #400 to #500 in 9.8... With white pages and perfect cover alignment... I'm only 37% complete on this. For the most part, when new listing appear online, its a 9.8 I already have.

I keep an eye out for nice raw copies from this era too when I go to shows, but I don't find much.

action437.jpg

Nice 437. Those 100 pagers certainly are tough finds in high grade.

I'm going to be starting my run of 70s Superman and Action soon, once I complete my 1980 up to present day runs. For the 100 pagers I'll be happy with anything above 6.0.

Edited by FutureFlash

I got a $15 off $75 eBay coupon so I picked this up. I'm sure you have it already Brandon or it wouldn't have sat on eBay for a week before I grabbed it!

image.jpg

Congratulations sir! I actually do not have this one yet. I'm stepping aside from CGC purchases for a bit, so my radar has been disbanded.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:39 PM, Brian48 said:

Picked this up a few months ago. Excluding any World's Finest books, this is my ONLY Supes book. I just love this cover. 

image.jpeg.848c64706930fb25aaf4c93d9242c

This is a great cover! I love the look of Superman in everyday life. Nick Cardy is my favorite Superman artist of the era and this cover is one of my favorites.