• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

I received this one a few days ago.

2hrhkw9.jpg

Not nearly as nice as Jimbo's copy or Rick's!

Nice enough though :)

Thank you. I am not complaining. I am happy to have it. I just don't think it is the 5.0 it was advertised as. This should hold me over until I find something better. I think a true 6.0 would be nice. I am in no hurry. Hunting is fun.

Thank you again.

I also picked this one up this week. It is a CGC 6.0, but unfortunately the low quality picture does not do it justice and I could not get it to scan properly. I probably need to find out from other board members what a good scanner is for scanning books (both raw and slabbed).

ajq849.jpg

I also picked this one up this week. It is a CGC 6.0, but unfortunately the low quality picture does not do it justice and I could not get it to scan properly. I probably need to find out from other board members what a good scanner is for scanning books (both raw and slabbed).

ajq849.jpg

That looks like a beauty of a 6.0. Congrats. :applause:

One of my favorite Planet covers :cloud9:

2hrhkw9.jpg

Thank you. I am not complaining. I am happy to have it. I just don't think it is the 5.0 it was advertised as. This should hold me over until I find something better. I think a true 6.0 would be nice. I am in no hurry. Hunting is fun.

Thank you again.

Here is my CGC 5.0.

Very hard book to find in higher grade.

PlanetComics65CGC50_zps9a27d0c4.jpg

2hrhkw9.jpg

Thank you again.

Here is my CGC 5.0.

Looks a little better than 5.0 from what is showing.

Nice book!

That looks like a beauty of a 6.0. Congrats. :applause:

One of my favorite Planet covers :cloud9:

Mine too. In the recent poll (here on the boards) as to the best Planet cover, I am pretty sure I voted for 56. There are LOTS of great Planet covers, but that black cover and attractive girl just seals the deal.

2hrhkw9.jpg

Thank you again.

Here is my CGC 5.0.

Nice copies guys. Any wear shows up so easily, that any copy that is relatively unmarred is a keeper, regardless of the technical grade. It still puzzles me that it is so much tougher than most other later issues to find in grade. Or maybe its because the aesthetically pleasing 'sleeping beauty' cover stands out, and even non-Planeteers keep their copies? I've never heard a satisfactory explanation.

PlanetComics6585_zps901cd002.jpg

My favorite two covers in the hobby are Phantom Lady 18 and Planet 65. So, this is one book, even before I was into golden age stuff I was always looking for. I've had 8 copies over the years and this is the best I've been able to do. It is like a 8.0-8.5 (unpressed- would press a little better due to a small non color crease on back cover corner. BUT it has a 3/8" bottom split and a little piece out of upper corner of back cover, bringing it down to the 5.0-5.5 range probably. Still, I like it. One day I will send it in for evaluation since I still have extra reading copies.

3931A760-8C54-460C-B0FE-45D4AB94D691_zpso5ddyjjy.jpg

313D55F9-C17C-47A8-BDFB-F4AB266139A5_zpshtaeaol7.jpg

Edited by Ricksneatstuff