• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

61611a11-15c9-41a6-a624-1129356d9645_zpsihysw2gi.jpg

Another instance of the new slabs making a book look darker than it actually is. I was happy with the grade that came back on this one.

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

This is one I have never seen before...is that a mask on MUGGSY MOUSE?

mm

61611a11-15c9-41a6-a624-1129356d9645_zpsihysw2gi.jpg

Another instance of the new slabs making a book look darker than it actually is. I was happy with the grade that came back on this one.

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

This is one I have never seen before...is that a mask on MUGGSY MOUSE?

mm

I think it is a mask. Not clear why he would need one on safari in the jungle, though.

A new acquisition. Not ideally in the grade I'd like,but I get the feeling that a fella can't be too choosy with New Adventures.

IMG_1387_zpsp6z2k6dd.jpg

I'd say! Cool pre Superman DC in any grade. Congrats!

Ditto!! the art on that is SOLID!!! great pickup!!

Regardless of condition, this is priceless but mostly timeless; Flessel was sooo good at evoking time and place in his work and this cover demonstrates that in spades. Flessel consistently delivered high quality line-drawn versions of the Adventure pulp imagination. No wonder they gave him so many covers to draw. Congrats :applause:

A new acquisition. Not ideally in the grade I'd like,but I get the feeling that a fella can't be too choosy with New Adventures.

IMG_1387_zpsp6z2k6dd.jpg

Loves his early Tec covers always great art and color.Congrats on that one!

IMG_1387_zpsp6z2k6dd.jpg

Congrats. What a beauty! Quintessential Flessel. A truly timeless portrait of the American Frontier. Any interior pages worth sharing...?

Here's a couple cool pages from the Boomerang Jones story.

FullSizeRender71_zpsae44upal.jpg

IMG_1394_zpspgsxz72k.jpg

...now that's what I call deliverin' the goods...... thanks, bro. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here's a couple cool pages from the Boomerang Jones story.

FullSizeRender71_zpsae44upal.jpg

:cloud9: The unmistakable Fred Guardineer. He was good from the get-go and remained solid until he left comics in the '50's. His work on Durango Kid for example is the same solid work though "uncluttered" with more simple panel layout. For once, I regret he went for simplicity later on since his early work (seen above) though more "busy" remains eminently readable.