• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,170 posts in this topic

i kinda like weird 3; it's all yella and all.

weird3-1.jpg

Sweeeeet

Wow i guess the previous one is missing a gun toting hero and a mad scientist but no worries BP has got that covered in spades with this one!! WOW what a copy!! :headbang:

Thanks all for sharing those early Weirds! Beautiful books. (thumbs u

That meddling Dr. Mortal never learns his lesson! Even when "the gun barks" he's still trying to complete the transfer of vital spirits from the lady to the monster. (Note the large-caliber red tube for said purpose. Clever plan.)

Well that All Top didn't quite come as advertised. Not quite the NM- I was hoping for.

3E2D9AC6-E016-479E-BDA6-0E1F67CED3C5_zpscy9g8ixq.jpg

How is there ANY WAY that was damaged in shipping?

If I were selling someone a couple 4 figure books, I would package them so well, it would take them a week just to unwrap.

Even with poor packaging, however, I am not sure how that damage could have occurred.

Postal should deny claim (which would allow you to keep the book, which is still a great looking book, albeit with a FMV substantially less than what the seller originally bargained for).

I hope this all works out for you, Rick. I know you were really looking forward to these treasures.

+1

From the above picture, there is a zero percent chance that the damage at the bottom of the spine is due to shipping damage while in transit. Do you still have the mailing box the book was shipped in so that we can take a look at it to see if there is any damage to the exterior packaging? hm

Certainly looks like an obvious oversight or grading error on the part of the seller from my point of view. (tsk)

Well, this is over and done with. PO manager said there was no way this would be approved as damaged freight. Seller made aware and decides to drop the insurance claim. I buy the book for FMV + for a 5.5ish but insanely nice copy. All is done.

I guess the good news for the purists is at least this book doesn't have to be slabbed now for me to get my line highest title I was hoping for :juggle:

Congrats on the resolution and being able to pick up a nice looking copy at FMV+ after taking the obvious defect into account. :applause:

I guess the seller found out the PO Manager was no dummy after all and knew what he was looking at. lol(thumbs u

I am glad it's over and I really do love the copy. This split (even though the pic I show highlights it) is not obvious at all even when the book is out of the Mylar. Only really visible at the angle shown in the pic. I am curious what Sarasota would call this. Probably will still keep it free of the cage though.

Congrats on the resolution and being able to pick up a nice looking copy at FMV+ after taking the obvious defect into account. :applause:

I guess the seller found out the PO Manager was no dummy after all and knew what he was looking at. lol(thumbs u

I am glad it's over and I really do love the copy. This split (even though the pic I show highlights it) is not obvious at all even when the book is out of the Mylar. Only really visible at the angle shown in the pic. I am curious what Sarasota would call this. Probably will still keep it free of the cage though.

I've deslabbed 7.0's with a split like that...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... if you're sure in your heart of hearts that this is your final keeper copy..... sealing the split would be very inexpensive......

This just in! A long time in transit, but home at last, with Bert and George and Lou. :luhv:

Science_1_300dpi_6w_9q_zpsfymbqj35.jpg

Woah, very nice!!

+1

Love the colors on that book and it looks like you was able to snag a sharp copy there. :cloud9:

Congrats on your pickup. :applause:

This just in! A long time in transit, but home at last, with Bert and George and Lou. :luhv:

Woah, very nice!!

+1

Love the colors on that book and it looks like you was able to snag a sharp copy there. :cloud9:

Congrats on your pickup. :applause:

yeah that an absolute beauty!! HUGE congrats on that one!!

Stunning book! Congratulations on the pick-up! :golfclap:

Thanks everyone for your comments!

There is definitely one person who was not pleased with this book, and that is my wife! Her feelings can be summed up like this: :frustrated: and like this: :screwy:

This book will definitely join my sig line, whenever I get around to making a sig line.