• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
21 21

4,764 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance for my ignorance on this topic. Are picture frame books any comic where you like particular covers and display them or are they part of an established list?

It's pretty much an established list. Marvel designed most of their covers from November 1971 through December 1972 using a distinct layout where the main cover art is in a box surrounded on three sides by a solid color. The design makes it seem like the artwork is framed, hence the "Picture Frame" moniker.

Just scroll through this thread and you'll see hundreds of examples.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Most of what I collect isn't quite that old but I did get this a few months ago. My wife was on a business trip and spotted a comic shop across the street from where she was staying. She wanted to pick me up a gift and asked what to look for. I told her anything spiderman 80's or older and this is what she came back with. I liked the cover so I added to the comic book wall in my office.

4m0jo.jpg

I apologize in advance for my ignorance on this topic. Are picture frame books any comic where you like particular covers and display them or are they part of an established list?

It's pretty much an established list. Marvel designed most of their covers from November 1971 through December 1972 using a distinct layout where the main cover art is in a box surrounded on three sides by a solid color. The design makes it seem like the artwork is framed, hence the "Picture Frame" moniker.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Most of what I collect isn't quite that old but I did get this a few months ago. My wife was on a business trip and spotted a comic shop across the street from where she was staying. She wanted to pick me up a gift and asked what to look for. I told her anything spiderman 80's or older and this is what she came back with. I liked the cover so I added to the comic book wall in my office.

4m0jo.jpg

Looks like a sweet book. And it sounds like you have a sweet wife too.

4m0jo.jpg

Looks like a sweet book. And it sounds like you have a sweet wife too.

Thanks! And yes she is!

I'm both amazed and po'd at the same time. Was looking at tellshiar's Marvelmania website and saw this item. I was all set to pull the trigger, regardless of price, but then saw it was sold. Very cool, but at the same time, you gotta wonder why a company thought this was worthy of putting on a t-shirt

1451286_orig.jpg

I'm both amazed and po'd at the same time. Was looking at tellshiar's Marvelmania website and saw this item. I was all set to pull the trigger, regardless of price, but then saw it was sold. Very cool, but at the same time, you gotta wonder why a company thought this was worthy of putting on a t-shirt

1451286_orig.jpg

That's ok, Paul. I don't think CGC would grade it any higher than an 8.0 ow-w.

So, I'm following through on my promise to my wife to pick up the last 10 years of books I've purchased at cons that have all pretty much sat where I put them after walking in door. I can no longer argue with Greggy--apparently I do not know what I have in my collection any more.

Here's the first treat--judging from the label and books in the same pile, I'm guessing I picked this up at a Wizard Philly show a looong time ago.

<a  href=IMG_0002-23.jpg' alt='IMG_0002-23.jpg'>