• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,780 posts in this topic

All except the Daredevil and the Thors came from one store in Edmonton, Alberta while I was up there for a convention.

It was remnants of a nice bronze age collection that they got around half a year ago.

All except the Daredevil and the Thors came from one store in Edmonton, Alberta while I was up there for a convention.

It was remnants of a nice bronze age collection that they got around half a year ago.

Nice haul Greggy!!!

Nice books Greg!

I picked up 12-14 picture frames from the dealer who got the other half of the collection in Calgary. Finally starting to submit some of them now.

Still there after half a year? :o

Those are nice. The Hulk #159 looks especially sweet.
Unfortunately, the 158 and the Iron Man 44 that was at the shop didn't survive as well. :(

It's amazing how tough books always seem to stay tough books. I know the Hulk #158 and Iron Man #44 are dark covers. But there are plenty of black covered books from the same era that are relatively easy to find in high grade - DD #93, Hulk #151, Hulk #153, etc. And it's not like Hulk and Iron Man were obscure titles.

I wonder if it could have anything to do with circulation figures for those particular books.

Still there after half a year? :o

Yes, it appears that buyers in this town generally only care about the keys. (shrug)

I apologize in advance for my ignorance on this topic. Are picture frame books any comic where you like particular covers and display them or are they part of an established list?

It's pretty much an established list. Marvel designed most of their covers from November 1971 through December 1972 using a distinct layout where the main cover art is in a box surrounded on three sides by a solid color. The design makes it seem like the artwork is framed, hence the "Picture Frame" moniker.

Just scroll through this thread and you'll see hundreds of examples.