• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

Nice set! One of my favorite Transformer covers. Can't go wrong with a Justice League #1 homage.

Now to get a copy of JL #1 for display. It's not that expensive.

I still have mine, bought it off the rack back in the day. Such a great run!

Edited by FutureFlash

All RI covers if 1:10 are roughly 1,000 copies, if it's a 1:25 there are roughly 300 Copies. Due to print runs at least.

Infiltration hit 100K copies and the 1:100's aren't as hard to find as say a MTMTE 19 1:25.

Now you guys see why I have the daunting task of finishing the whole run with TF #22 which was released at SDCC and then a week later through Distribution. How can a book that was released twice be so hard to find?!?!?!?!

Help me find my grail!!!!

Edited by UltraMaximus

Since the thread is quiet, I'll post the rest of my haul from my last CGC submission here. Sorry if you've already seen this on other social media.

DoOPRI2.jpg

Death of Optimus Prime 1:25 Variant

LSoW5RI.jpg

Last Stand of the Wreckers #5 RI (Mistagged, back at CGC for correction.)

TF1_RI.jpg

Transformers #1 RI

Infiltration1RIs.jpg

Transformers Infiltration #1 RI Set (I had the RI-A, the other two completed the set.)

TFBB4RI.jpg

Bumblebee #4RI

I should be receiving my copies of the final issues of the two main series by the weekend. Looking forward to that. Other than that, it's been a pretty slow time for me. Hopefully that changes soon.

Seems IDW doesn't only give away comics as incentives:

Stormbringer3-150.jpg

This is a 150 copy incentive signed print from Stormbringer #3. Wreck and rule! I can't imagine that there are many of these out there.

Seems IDW doesn't only give away comics as incentives:

Stormbringer3-150.jpg

This is a 150 copy incentive signed print from Stormbringer #3. Wreck and rule! I can't imagine that there are many of these out there.

That is way too cool!

It's the same artwork for the Regular cover and the RI sketch version. I've only seen that print once before, and it was banged up too much for my taste. I wonder if the others had this too because the series had a huge Don Fig connecting picture of those covers making a battle scene.

Don Figueroa's art is missed greatly in the Transformers realm. :- / One of the greats IMO but IIRC he is a little sour about the Megatron Bomber design that Hasbro basically gave him 0 credit for and why he quit for a "long break" after the "Revenge of the Decepticons" issues he worked on.

It's the same artwork for the Regular cover and the RI sketch version. I've only seen that print once before, and it was banged up too much for my taste. I wonder if the others had this too because the series had a huge Don Fig connecting picture of those covers making a battle scene.

Don Figueroa's art is missed greatly in the Transformers realm. :- / One of the greats IMO but IIRC he is a little sour about the Megatron Bomber design that Hasbro basically gave him 0 credit for and why he quit for a "long break" after the "Revenge of the Decepticons" issues he worked on.

Yeah, it would be interesting to know if there are others. This one had never been removed from its shipping board so it's in mint condition. It is unfortunate not to see his work anymore.

I also picked up this off of eBay. Given it's rarity, I think I got a good deal on it. I'd say it's a 9.4/9.6 if pressed.

Sixshot-RIB.jpg

When did you pick that up off of eBay?

Edit:Nevermind, I see it. Nice grab!

Figures......lol I nabbed one off the FB group that isn't 9.8 capable, but might press up to 9.2 ish. I'll wait for another in higher grade I guess.

It might suck for all of us if we see a good RI book, but at least I'll know who I now will have to bid against!

Welp, I am in Hurricane Central Florida, and still have power but obviously was distracted if you picked that up without me bidding.

Edited by UltraMaximus

They had an ebay store set up at one point. The handle was idw_publishing. I don't know the last time they put something up in there. I bought the majority of my Spotlight RI books, along with RI sets of Escalation, Stormbringer and Devastation.

Anyone know what's happening with the shipping of the #57 covers in the UK I can't get any 1:10 for love nor money and also couldn't get #56 Transformers the Prime and Soundwave cover, and on top of that my Revolution 1:10 1:25 and 1:50 have all gone missing in the post.