• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

My money is on deadpools secret secret war #3 cover: A.

I read the story last night, spoilers ahead...........

Deadpool actually bonds with the symbiote before Peter. The costume is the same as in the back in black story, which is a direct spinoff of dpssw. The final point, its on the cover..... the venompool in the what if? Is just ridiculous looking, and looks nothing like the new suit spawned from dpssw #3. I have no horse in this race, I have 3 copies of cable and deadpool #50, and 1 of each what if?/ dpssw #3.

My money is on deadpools secret secret war #3 cover: A.

I read the story last night, spoilers ahead...........

Deadpool actually bonds with the symbiote before Peter. The costume is the same as in the back in black story, which is a direct spinoff of dpssw. The final point, its on the cover..... the venompool in the what if? Is just ridiculous looking, and looks nothing like the new suit spawned from dpssw #3. I have no horse in this race, I have 3 copies of cable and deadpool #50, and 1 of each what if?/ dpssw #3.

The What if? Book has sold well for a couple years now.

The symbiote in C/D 50 isn't Venom so I'm not sure why anybody cares about that one, at least in this context.

The suit in DPSSW looks more "Venom-like", but again the first time DP bonded with Venom is in the What if? story.

-J.

The What if? Book has sold well for a couple years now. The symbiote in C/D 50 isn't Venom so I'm not sure why anybody cares about that one, at least in this context.

The suit in DPSSW looks more "Venom-like", but again the first time DP bonded with Venom is in the What if? story.

-J.

That argument that it isn't the Venom Symbiote, but only a Spawn of Venom is weak and why Cable & Deadpool #50 is likely to surpass the What If, and the What If Reprint collection of all 4 parts. Cover or not, there is a lot more going for C&D #50 even with the benefit of the doubt not calling it "Venompool" officially, Well...Besides looking cooler as a combination of Symbiote and Deadpool over the what if version.

The Symbiotes in C&D #50 were Spawned from Venom. All parts of Venom, including Mania, Carnage, and Toxxin are part of the collective Klyntar species that is Venom ((See GOTG Planet Venom)) and why they can sense each other.

Deadpool in C&D #50, is the first combination of Deadpool and Klyntar Symbiote. Period. The name of "Venompool" may go to the red abomination from the What If stories, but it's still years after the C&D #50, and some people like the original idea of the combination where it appears, vs. a What If out of continuity.

Both appearances matter, but people are trying to downplay the C&D #50 likely because people were trying to say the What if would break $1k in 9.8 Blue Label. It looks like it won't because it isn't the right book, and investing into the What If book at high prices may be why those speculators would be a little upset they cannot flip it for profit.

C&D is In continuity, and the reasoning behind Deadpool's ability to control the Symbiote in that issue is now going to be explained via his new Back In Black series, and the Deadpool Secret Secret Wars #3. Venom Space Knight #12 also just supports that with Venom flat out saying it's 1st host before Spider-Man ruined his mind!

I've debated a few people on this one, but as a reader, the C&D #50 feels more natural of a 1st appearance and happened way before the what if.

The What if? Book has sold well for a couple years now. The symbiote in C/D 50 isn't Venom so I'm not sure why anybody cares about that one, at least in this context.

-J.

That argument that it isn't the Venom Symbiote, but only a Spawn of Venom is weak and why Cable & Deadpool #50 is likely to surpass the What If, and the What If Reprint collection of all 4 parts. Cover or not, there is a lot more going for C&D #50 even with the benefit of the doubt not calling it "Venompool" officially, Well...Besides looking cooler as a combination of Symbiote and Deadpool over the what if version.

The Symbiotes in C&D #50 were Spawned from Venom. All parts of Venom, including Mania, Carnage, and Toxxin are part of the collective Klyntar species that is Venom ((See GOTG Planet Venom)) and why they can sense each other.

Deadpool in C&D #50, is the first combination of Deadpool and Klyntar Symbiote. Period. The name of "Venompool" may go to the red abomination from the What If stories, but it's still years after the C&D #50, and some people like the original idea of the combination where it appears, vs. a What If out of continuity.

Both appearances matter, but people are trying to downplay the C&D #50 likely because people were trying to say the What if would break $1k in 9.8 Blue Label. It looks like it won't because it isn't the right book, and investing into the What If book at high prices may be why those speculators would be a little upset they cannot flip it for profit.

C&D is In continuity, and the reasoning behind Deadpool's ability to control the Symbiote in that issue is now going to be explained via his new Back In Black series, and the Deadpool Secret Secret Wars #3. Venom Space Knight #12 also just supports that with Venom flat out saying it's 1st host before Spider-Man ruined his mind!

I've debated a few people on this one, but as a reader, the C&D #50 feels more natural of a 1st appearance and happened way before the what if.

Right.

But it's still not Venom in C/D #50. Continuity or not, the first time Venom bonded with Deadpool is in the What if? story.

It is what it is.

-J.

That argument that it isn't the Venom Symbiote, but only a Spawn of Venom is weak ......

Any argument against C&D #50 that it isn't Venom but is a spawn of Venom is void and meritless if you understand the mechanics of the Klyntar properly, it is a collective piece of the whole species which all parts that have spawned off of it are still connected and part of it. If the Klyntar multiplied enough, it would cover the entire planet and it would be a hive collective with host life, likely how they conquer. This made C&D #50 more awesome, and more in continuity after the GOTG Planet Venom story.

Right.

But it's still not Venom in C/D #50. Continuity or not, the first time Venom bonded with Deadpool is in the What if? story.

It is what it is.

-J.

Again......Both books are good, but we are talking about a book that is actually heating up on eBay because of the right reasons, and it is being downplayed by people who aren't holding it, or rather holding the What If's and Reprint.

I again have 1 copy of each, not even graded but C&D #50 recently selling well to be labeled as misinformation is flat out wrong.

Actual Venom symbiote or not, this C/D #50 has been moved into my "keys" box. I've always been a fan of this book and always found it fairly difficult to find, to begin with, but this should give it a long term bump, albeit maybe minimal. From a $10 book on a good day to current prices? Enough for me to take note.

That argument that it isn't the Venom Symbiote, but only a Spawn of Venom is weak ......

Any argument against C&D #50 that it isn't Venom but is a spawn of Venom is void and meritless if you understand the mechanics of the Klyntar properly, it is a collective piece of the whole species which all parts that have spawned off of it are still connected and part of it. If the Klyntar multiplied enough, it would cover the entire planet and it would be a hive collective with host life, likely how they conquer. This made C&D #50 more awesome, and more in continuity after the GOTG Planet Venom story.

Right.

It is what it is.

-J.

Again......Both books are good, but we are talking about a book that is actually heating up on eBay because of the right reasons, and it is being downplayed by people who aren't holding it, or rather holding the What If's and Reprint.

I again have 1 copy of each, not even graded but C&D #50 recently selling well to be labeled as misinformation is flat out wrong.

Yeah, all that is a stretch and still does not change the fact that the symbiote known as "Venom" first bonded with Deadpool in the What if? story. That is not "misinformation " and does not require massive leaps of logic to make the connection.

It is what it is.

And PS I don't sell books at all. I just don't like seeing the massive attempt at a pump and dump for the irrelevant and inapplicable C/D #50 book. That just ain't Venom in that book. Period.

-J.

And PS I don't sell books at all. I just don't like seeing the massive attempt at a pump and dump for the irrelevant and inapplicable C/D #50 book. That just ain't Venom in that book. Period.

-J.

THERE IT IS! "the massive attempt at a pump and dump "

See, one would have to have a bunch of copies of an 8 year old book with a 23K sales figure. Good luck with that....

I am assuming, but with good reason, that the ones who are accusing people of this are likely the ones with the What if.

You assuming C&D #50 is irrelevant and inapplicable is the only gross misinformation I see here. Sorry you don't feel the C&D relevance to the whole symbiote story, but readers and fans of both Venom and Deadpool obviously do and why it is doing well naturally.

Let's revisit this after the Back In Black story, after all neither suit was BLACK and DSSW may go from $5 to eclipse all these other books in this crazy market.

-J.

See, one would have to have a bunch of copies of an 8 year old book with a 23K sales figure. Good luck with that....

I am assuming, but with good reason, that the ones who are accusing people of this are likely the ones with the What if.

You assuming C&D #50 is irrelevant and inapplicable is the only gross misinformation I see here. Sorry you don't feel the C&D relevance to the whole symbiote story, but readers and fans of both Venom and Deadpool obviously do and why it is doing well naturally.

Let's revisit this after the Back In Black story, after all neither suit was BLACK and DSSW may go from $5 to eclipse all these other books in this crazy market.

DSSW might become a $20 book but there is no conceivable way it will sell for what the others sell for.Raw or graded, it is too readily available.

DSSW is a year and change old, that translates into a whole mess of raw 9.8's floating around.It doesn't have a black cover or lousy paper stock so getting a 9.8 on it won't be difficult.It's just a common modern.

I could see a handful of them sell for about $150 in CGC 9.8.The first to market on an (apparent) Venom/Deadpool book when Back In Black #1 hits.

Just like Squirrel Girl.Devil Dinosaur 1 in CGC 9.8.First copy sold at about $150, subsequent CGC 9.8's were in the $50 neighborhood.

-J.

I am saying that the symbiote in C/D #50 is not Venom and that it's actual first bonding with Deadpool is in the What if? story , and you are calling that "misinformation". That's strange to me.

C/D #50 is irrelevant/inapplicable in the Venom/Deadpool bonding mythology because that is not what happened in the book.

Period.

It did happen in the What if? story and that was the first time. That is undisputed.

Period.

Please tell me what part of any of this "misinformation ". Saying that it's technically "Venom" in C/D #50 because "all symbiotes are connected " is weak sauce my man.

If you have some actual facts or information you would like to share that shows something different , then I'm all ears.

But right now you're just chasing your tail and all those eBay listings calling C/D #50 the "first Venompool" are patently and ridiculously false.

Which is why I call it a pump and dump.

-J.

When you continue to diarrhea false information regarding a book all over the Internet with the intention of pushing interest toward that book to inflate demand you are pumping and dumping.

Venom is not in Cable/Deadpool 50.

Deadpool is not possessed by any symbiote, let alone Venom, in Cable/Deadpool 50.

Marvel isn't in the business of creating What If? books containing scenarios that have already occurred. Prior to the backup story What If Venom Possessed Deadpool Part 1, Venom had never possessed Deadpool before. I know, it's shocking.

And this book is not doing well naturally. It had interest before, sure. But when it's recent uptick in price aligns with its assertion by several online communities that it is the first appearance of the Venompool character and then that narrative is advertised in eBay listings well it's pretty clear what is going on.

Man, I wish I had more copies to take part in a pump and dump that isn't happening.

What does the CGC label say for 1st "Venompool"? Hmm? What book is it a label for? None...oh that's a problem now isn't it.

All of this is garbage and we are all wrong if the labels don't confirm 1st Appearance I guess. But that's not what I am even saying. I am pointing out why C&D #50 is a KEY towards the whole Venom Symbiote+Deadpool story and you guys are democratically trying to pivot.

I would own you guys in a courtroom if I were a lawyer.

Man, I wish I had more copies to take part in a pump and dump that isn't happening.

What does the CGC label say for 1st "Venompool"? Hmm? What book is it a label for? None...oh that's a problem now isn't it.

All of this is garbage and we are all wrong if the labels don't confirm 1st Appearance I guess. But that's not what I am even saying. I am pointing out why C&D #50 is a KEY towards the whole Venom Symbiote+Deadpool story and you guys are democratically trying to pivot.

I would own you guys in a courtroom if I were a lawyer.

1. You don't need to own massive quantities of a book to be guilty of pumping and dumping. You used a false narrative to prop up a book. You continue to do so after being made aware of the bad information you continue to post.

2. CGC labels aren't gospel.

3. What is garbage? That your defense of Cable/Deadpool 50 is that it came out first and that because it's in continuity? Neither of those things matter since it isn't the first appearance of the character. Venom is not in Cable/Deadpool 50. Deadpool is not possessed in Cable/Deadpool 50. Ergo, there is no first appearance of Venompool in that book.

4. Feel free to post the panel or panels from Cable/Deadpool 50 where Venom possesses and or/manipulates Deadpool. And then explain why the character's first action is to stab itself in the head to separate itself from the host to which it allegedly just bonded.

5. You are now attempting to change the argument from whether or not Cable/Deadpool 50 is the first appearance of Venompool to whether or not it is "key in regards to the Venom Symbiote + Deadpool story."

6. No, we are not all wrong. Just you.