• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

Great stuff, Tom. The #11 is a very sweet addition to your run.

THX Barton...really appreciate your appreciation! (thumbs u

Thought I'd share the story about the good vibes and community here on the boards. Elmer/Dutch74 first alerted Jeff/jordysnordy and I in a 3-way PM the book had just come up on Bob's website. We share a lot of PMs in helping each other locate books, sharing purchase and pricing information, etc etc all along the lines primarily of Spidey collecting.

Both Jeff and I were/are very interested in picking up an 11 in 9.0 but Jeff was just coming off a purchase of another AF 15 so was a bit tight on funds and I said I thought the price was very reasonable and would like to talk to Bob about acquiring the book. Jeff graciously stepped aside and wished me the best of luck which I very much appreciated.

The thing is we've all helped each other with finding some really nice and tough to find books and it's actually just as much fun in seeing a friend get a much wanted book as getting books yourself...at least for us it is. I think that's the way it should be...I wouldn't have as much fun with collecting if I was just solely interested in MY COLLECTION!!

Anyway...THX AGAIN guys. Now back to the books hunt... :headbang:

Edited by trmoore54

Also meant to add the top edge has a micro-overhang and the lines you are seeing in the scan (highly accentuated in the scan) are not creases and not color-breaking creases...they are a series of little dimples or slight depressions along the edge. Not even very noticeable with book in hand and you actually have to tilt the book in hand in the right light to perceive them.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone was thinking this was a loosely graded book or what the hell is going on with that top edge. The spine is virtually perfect with no transverse ticks and a teeny little CB crease at the top of spine.

Thought I'd share the story about the good vibes and community here on the boards. Elmer/Dutch74 first alerted Jeff/jordysnordy and I in a 3-way PM the book had just come up on Bob's website. We share a lot of PMs in helping each other locate books, sharing purchase and pricing information, etc etc all along the lines primarily of Spidey collecting.

Both Jeff and I were/are very interested in picking up an 11 in 9.0 but Jeff was just coming off a purchase of another AF 15 so was a bit tight on funds and I said I thought the price was very reasonable and would like to talk to Bob about acquiring the book. Jeff graciously stepped aside and wished me the best of luck which I very much appreciated.

The thing is we've all helped each other with finding some really nice and tough to find books and it's actually just as much fun in seeing a friend get a much wanted book as getting books yourself...at least for us it is. I think that's the way it should be...I wouldn't have as much fun with collecting if I was just solely interested in MY COLLECTION!!

I'm very happy that you were able to pick this book up Tom!

Equally happy that I helped Elmer locate one also!

Our little trio has been very successful so far and more importantly you are both great guys!!

The search continues boys.

:applause:

Figured since I am working on an ASM 1 - 100 run better move these to the right place! Below are a few slabs I picked up in the last month!

uc?id=0BydR4Qun9GiOa0VfbUw2Y2hTWVEtVE9UVFJMM1F5M1IzUHdN

uc?id=0BydR4Qun9GiONTBvSDMwZWl4WVczTElHY1JqaDFJYnF6TlhV

uc?id=0BydR4Qun9GiOR1pGNF8xR1h4YmJJTnNYeUtXUThGTElqdWVz

XLNT books and CONGRATS on the pickups! Wanted to wish you a personal encouragement on your goal...gonna be a lot of fun in filling the run! Have fun! :headbang:

THX Jeff/Andrew/Frankie/all...

Here's my updated 1-20 thumbnails... :headbang:

th_SPIDERMAN1CGC90AOWW_zpsac597a90.jpgth_SPIDER-MAN%202%20CGC%209.0%20OWW_zps0rw6scda.jpgth_ASM%203_zpsts0nusaa.jpgth_SPIDERMAN4CGC90W_zps7f3159df.jpgth_SPIDERMAN5CGC90OW_zps905e49d5.jpg

th_SPIDER-MAN%206%20CGC%209.0%20OWW_zps4pjyflei.jpgth_SPIDERMAN7CGC90OW.jpgth_SPIDERMAN8CGC90OWW-1.jpgth_SPIDERMAN9CGC90OW.jpgth_asm10cgc90.jpg

th_img087_zpstxjjwqbe.jpgth_SPIDERMAN12CGC90OWW_zpsc3e48c87.jpgth_ASM13_90_OWW.jpgth_SPIDERMAN14CGC90W-1.jpgth_ASM15.jpg

th_SPIDERMAN16CGC90OWW.jpgth_SPIDER-MAN%2017%20CGC%209.0%20OW_zpsfbj7jpkg.jpgth_SPIDER-MAN%2018%20CGC%209.0%20OWW_zpsuk1448fj.jpgth_SPIDERMAN19CGC90OWW_zps2013e22f.jpgth_SPIDERMAN20CGC90OWW_zpse82c9a73.jpg

The Spidey collector's vision board! Awesome! (thumbs u

Spidey in all of his glory!! I'm sure you're in all of your glory too!! Congrats. You deserve it man!!

Want to thank all the well-wishers...in reality this goal, and this quest began when I was a kid...around circa 1965/66 5th/6th grade...took a bit of a hiatus along the way and picked it back up. Needless to say I am extremely stoked to pul off my 1-20 run. :headbang:

Figured since I am working on an ASM 1 - 100 run better move these to the right place! Below are a few slabs I picked up in the last month!

uc?id=0BydR4Qun9GiOa0VfbUw2Y2hTWVEtVE9UVFJMM1F5M1IzUHdN

uc?id=0BydR4Qun9GiONTBvSDMwZWl4WVczTElHY1JqaDFJYnF6TlhV

uc?id=0BydR4Qun9GiOR1pGNF8xR1h4YmJJTnNYeUtXUThGTElqdWVz

XLNT books and CONGRATS on the pickups! Wanted to wish you a personal encouragement on your goal...gonna be a lot of fun in filling the run! Have fun! :headbang:

Thank you Tom! :grin: