• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,151 posts in this topic

I think searching these out is the most fun I have hunting comics. Well, these and 2nd/later printings of books with different covers and such. I still always grab 90's marvel gold 2nd prints whenever I find them.

You also described my recent collecting.

I think searching these out is the most fun I have hunting comics. Well, these and 2nd/later printings of books with different covers and such. I still always grab 90's marvel gold 2nd prints whenever I find them.

For many years now, a lot of sellers/stores say "you know that is the 2nd print, right?". To which I reply, "yes, yes indeed". For every 500 1st print Marvels from that time of super overprinted "hot books", I find 1 gold edition. And usually not looking so hot condition wise.

I concur. To me, it is like a great Easter egg hunt. And if you like finding DCU's and 2nd prints, try finding Mark Jeweler variants. Here's a link to a posting I made about Mark Jeweler variants in Batman and Superman titles.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6954368

Such a shame that CGC doesnt label these as variants

makes it more exciting, like you're part of a secret club.

How about this sealed pack?

It's got four of the toughest Bullet issues, but I don't believe the issues inside the pack are DCUs. Too early.

also my understanding...but only one way to find out!

How about this sealed pack?

It's got four of the toughest Bullet issues, but I don't believe the issues inside the pack are DCUs. Too early.

also my understanding...but only one way to find out!

It lists Valor and Star Trek as books included, and to my knowledge neither title has DCUs. That is pretty good evidence that we are looking at non-variant contents.

Robin #1 is a bullet, Robin #2 is also a bullet, and the DCUs start later. To me that is more evidence that these contents are too early to be DCUs.

Does anyone have any DCU or DC Bullet issues for sale? Thanks

I think mysterio is having a sale now in copper/modern, he's got at least a couple available.

mycomicshop has some 9.8 slabs up. they're not searchable easily, but they're there.