• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,674 posts in this topic

I picked this one up from Nik not too long ago..... one of my favorites. I'm probably going to put this in a Mylar and keep it I've loved this issue ever since I saw it on the cover of a Marvel Collector's Item Classics in the 60's. That title. in my opinion, had a lot of influence on early Fandom...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

w2D71Bu.jpg

I picked this one up from Nik not too long ago..... one of my favorites. I'm probably going to put this in a Mylar and keep it I've loved this issue ever since I saw it on the cover of a Marvel Collector's Item Classics in the 60's. That title. in my opinion, had a lot of influence on early Fandom...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

w2D71Bu.jpg

A beautiful copy of my second favourite, early FF. (worship)

Congrats, Jim. (thumbs u

The cover I had in mind when I made up the question was #97, the Creature from the Lost Lagoon, with the FF at the beach and the monster coming up out of the water behind them. But upon looking it up, Johnny's hand is on fire. I stumped myself!

We are looking for the first FF cover with Johnny not on fire AT ALL. And it does happen in the Silver Age. Twice actually.

We can say #8 is the first which shows Johnny for the first time recognizable, and not entirely on fire. :grin:

#8 is the first of the Torch's 'slightly burning from an accident in the kitchen' covers. There's a few in the earlyish FF's.

I think I'm being thrown off by a variant cover I've seen. I wanna say 2. I also wanna say 7. It would be easier to cheat and not look like a fool!

You wanna say #2? You should say #2.

Edited by Harry Lime