• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

No, unfortunately. I just sold my last decent copy a couple of weeks ago to a regular at a local show. I did not really want to and it was in the box by mistake, but since he is a good customer I parted with it.

I wish I had take pics of the hoard I had around 2003. There were 12 - 20 copies of each of the Bat/Tec keys in 8.0+ (as well as GL #76, Supes #233, Avengers #93 and most other Adams covers). Those were the good old days when HG BA collections were a dime a dozen. :cloud9:

Edited by kimik

Great photos! These look a lot like my bronze Batman stash... the Adams covers and keys are the ones I always looked for online and at cons, though like you I've sold some of them off too early. From memory, I've got 3 #222s, 4 #227s, 3 #251s and one each of most of the other BA Batman keys. Plus some Tec #359 dupes. Will try to do a group shot one of these days!

A 9.4 Tec 411 hammered for $1,755 on the Link tonight. Holy moly, prices are moving on some BA keys.

How high did the #244 9.8 go? Last I saw it was $2600.

Across the board, the Adams Bat books did very well.

Bats 222 9.4 - $755

Bats 227 9.2 - $950

Bats 227 9.6 - $2501

Bats 232 9.6 - $1899

Bats 232 9.4 - $1208

Bats 234 9.6 - $1100

Bats 244 9.8 - $3350

Bats 251 9.4 - $938

Bats 251 9.2 - $900

Oddly enough, with the exception of Tec 411, the Tec line did OK, but not nearly as head turning. I think that's probably because of the lack of really high grade specimens this time around.

A 9.4 Tec 411 hammered for $1,755 on the Link tonight. Holy moly, prices are moving on some BA keys.

How high did the #244 9.8 go? Last I saw it was $2600.

Across the board, the Adams Bat books did very well.

Bats 222 9.4 - $755

Bats 227 9.2 - $950

Bats 227 9.6 - $2501

Bats 232 9.6 - $1899

Bats 232 9.4 - $1208

Bats 234 9.6 - $1100

Bats 244 9.8 - $3350

Bats 251 9.4 - $938

Bats 251 9.2 - $900

Oddly enough, with the exception of Tec 411, the Tec line did OK, but not nearly as head turning. I think that's probably because of the lack of really high grade specimens this time around.

Thanks. It was a pretty jaw-dropping collection overall. I didn't feel like jumping in the pit and throwing elbows as I figured there would be some aggressive bidding, but t did nip the 240 9.6 for a good price. That 244 is just cray-cray :o

I find the video very interesting as I am also trying to complete a set. I've been out bid on a Aust copy and I've never seen an Arabic copy for sale. Those are the top two I am looking for.

I find the video very interesting as I am also trying to complete a set. I've been out bid on a Aust copy and I've never seen an Arabic copy for sale. Those are the top two I am looking for.

Arabic copies are tough and expensive. Watch out for people selling repros of them.

Thanks! The Aussie tip top is a pain for sure... So stoked I found mine this year on Aussie EBay. Do you have the others? hm I can probably help you find the Brazilian pretty easliy.... :gossip:

Arabic copies are tough and expensive. Watch out for people selling repros of them.

Yup! (thumbs u

I have one of the nicest Brazilian 227's I have ever seen and same as the French.

You outbid me on E-bay for the Aust. I was going to bid higher but something happened where I couldn't be at a computer when the sale ended. :cool:

I'm also trying to find out if a Philippines (National bookstore) copy exists of the 227. No one knows yet.

Edited by Rip

I have one of the nicest Brazilian 227's I have ever seen and same as the French.

You outbid me on E-bay for the Aust. I was going to bid higher but something happened where I couldn't be at a computer when the sale ended. :cool:

I'm also trying to find out if a Philippines (National bookstore) copy exists of the 227. No one knows yet.

Awesome! Love to see them, please show the scans Rip. :foryou: Yes, form my research a Filipino bookstore edition is def possible. Mainly because Goodwill issues pretty close to it in the run have popped out. The Filipino 227 is a ghost or as we like to say in the foreign niche a white buffalo. I have a good solid source in the Philippines now though so im hoping if one exists at least I will get some proof maybe. :wishluck:

I'll take some photos tonight of the 227's

In the meantime I do have this pic with some Batmans. Since this pic I've upgraded the Yellow Italian Detective 395

VariantDC_zpsxo2txed7.jpg

Edited by Rip