• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

The more this annoys the racists and homophobes the more I like it.

or

the people who complain about others being too easily offended sure are easily offended.

(thumbs u

I'm neither worried about others being easily offended, nor easily offended myself, so your little 12th grade comeback is really just sort of 'so 2013'...maybe use the 'surprised baby' one next, or ask one of the younger guys to make up something original for you.

Seems you're a little offended I called you on your wildly_fanciful_statement, and now you're trying to come back at me with your sophomoric drivel.

Swing and a miss again, Skippy.

I've swung and hit twice, 'chief'.

You've responded both times, with name calling.

You're way too easy.

Swing miss and fall down with the bat. Nice try, 'Slugger'.

lol

Man, I really got to you, huh Junior?

:roflmao:

Not even close. When I start posting movie clips calling you 'dumb', then you'll know you've 'got' to me. But nice try, 'champ'.

The more this annoys the racists and homophobes the more I like it.

or

the people who complain about others being too easily offended sure are easily offended.

(thumbs u

I'm neither worried about others being easily offended, nor easily offended myself, so your little 12th grade comeback is really just sort of 'so 2013'...maybe use the 'surprised baby' one next, or ask one of the younger guys to make up something original for you.

Seems you're a little offended I called you on your wildly_fanciful_statement, and now you're trying to come back at me with your sophomoric drivel.

Swing and a miss again, Skippy.

I've swung and hit twice, 'chief'.

You've responded both times, with name calling.

You're way too easy.

Swing miss and fall down with the bat. Nice try, 'Slugger'.

lol

Man, I really got to you, huh Junior?

:roflmao:

Not even close. When I start posting movie clips calling you 'dumb', then you'll know you've 'got' to me. But nice try, 'champ'.

Suuuuuure I didn't... ;)

magoonChucky.gif

Did someone say movie clips?

First Look At Bokeem Woodbine As The Shocker On The Set Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING?

eRcfhyW.jpg

We’ve yet to receive confirmation that Bokeem Woodbine will be playing Herman Schultz, the Shocker, in Spider-Man: Homecoming even though a call sheet had leaked the casting. However, the latest photos from the Atlanta se of the 2017 reboot may have just revealed our very first look at the Fargo actor in his full costume as the classic Spidey supervillain.

Instagram seems to be the original source of the collaged photos below, so the quality is not all the great. And we can’t see that it’s actually Woodbine in the classic yellow suit, given he’s rightly costumed from head to toe. However, we can see devices attached to his wrists which will likely help him to send out shock waves much to Spider-Man’s dismay.

If Shakespeare's works can be cast in Outer Space ("Forbidden Planet/The Tempest"), with all Japanese characters ("Ran/King Lear") or changing the sex of the main character ("Il Bisbetico Domato/Taming of the Shrew") is there really an issue with movies based upon throwaway children's pamphlets?

I've got a hundred times the issue with those Shakespeare modern remolds. Historical drama is far too fascinating to require casting modern setting, language, and themes upon them. We're familiar with the modern world, but rendering the specifics of Shakespeare's England--or whichever venue a particular play from prior to his time is set in--holds far more interest. One or two of those when you're young and can't see the value in Shakespeare is nice, but after I saw the second or third I was done. I got tricked into a performance of Julius Caesar projected into a World War 2 context a few years ago and was furious that the description never mentioned it. zzz

What's wrong with "young the thing up?"

If I recall correctly, Peter Parker was a high schooler when he got bitten by the spider.

Tom Holland is 20 years old - a bit long in the tooth for playing a high schooler.

Also, let's not forget that it's been so long since the original Spidey movie that that Flash Thompson

Nothing's wrong with younging it up, it's just that was Sony's explicit goal with rebooting in ASM1, so to see it happen again screams Sony's fingerprints on the film. It makes me wonder how much they're actually involved, and that's disconcerting given how much they're responsible for everything that didn't work in all of the previous films.

Tom Holland looks much younger than 20. The odds of finding a compelling actor who's actually 14 or 15 were long, so hiring a 19 or 20 year old isn't a surprise. Seems like a fine cast.

The original Spidey Flash Thompson is an extreme version of the bully nature of the character given that the actor is 6' 5" and extraordinarily muscular. You can be a bully at any size with the right demeanor, but it's tougher to see Revolori in the role at his size. I'm sure he'll pull it off, he seemed to be fairly intense from his performance in Grand Budapest Hotel.

Spider-Man: Homecoming Set Photos: Spidey Swings From a Helicopter

jPlcsgD.png

Footage from Comic-Con described Peter watching Spidey in action against the other Avengers from Civil War, so his popularity has likely gone through the roof since joining the fight. As filming continues in Atlanta, new photos have been revealed showing Spidey swinging from a helicopter, and maybe taking selfies.

Just Jared Jr. have posted the new photos from set, showing stunt doubles for Spider-Man and an unknown female role hanging from a helicopter as they swing through the streets of Atlanta, which will become New York. While the final product in Homecoming will most likely have them swinging through the city with Spider-Man’s webbing and not the helicopter, this will give fans some insight into how they are making this scene work.

Rumor: Marvel's Nightwatch Could Appear In Spider-Man: Homecoming

zOEtBn0.png

According to the folks over at Bleeding Cool, Sony employees have started purchasing any Nightwatch comics they can get their hands on. For a character that hasn't appeared for over 20 years, this can't be a coincidence.

After all, studio employees often buy up property origins when they find out about a new character introduction. Not only will those products become hot commodities once the official announcements are made, but those working in the studio want to have the total scoop on the character as well.

Remember those big actors we talked about earlier? There are still a couple out there who would make total sense as Nightwatch.

Bleeding Cool suggests that Bokeem Woodbine may be playing the character, despite reports that the actor will portray the villain, Shocker.

Tyron Woodley's Marvel Tease Got Him In Big Trouble With Their Legal Department

Back in August UFC fighter Tyron Woodley teased, "I don’t know if I can even say this but I’m working on a Marvel movie on Thursday in Atlanta." He thought he was being careful enough by not naming the film that he was set to work on, but fans quickly figured out that it was Spider-Man: Homecoming as that was the only Marvel production currently shooting at Pinewood Studios' Atlanta location.

In a new interview with Fox Sports, Woodley reveals that short tease landed him in big trouble with Marvel Studios' Legal Department. "Number one, this is what I said - I said that I could be working on a Marvel movie very soon, and I didn’t put two-and-two together. I was in Atlanta, the only Marvel movie at that time [in Atlanta] was Spider-Man — I didn’t put those things together. When you're working on a Marvel movie, their Legal Department do not play. So they got word of it and everyone started coming down on me - the people that were casting me for the part. "

Tom Holland's Wall Crawler Rides The Bus In New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Set Photos

Tom Holland has continued his stunts as the famous red-and-blue wall-crawler on the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming. The 20-year-old actor was spotted by The Mirror on the set of the film at Brandenburg Gate in Germany, filming a scene on top of a moving double decker bus.

Details on the scene are scarce but it's probably safe to say it won't be taking place in Germany in the context of the film (though Brandenburg Gate is one of Germany's most well-known landmarks).

Spiderman.jpg

Spiderman.jpg

Spiderman.jpg

Marvel Studios And Sony Pictures Already Discussing The Villain For SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Sequel

Spider-Man: Homecoming isn't released until next July, but with shooting now over, it appears as if plans for a sequel are already being put in place. Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures are clearly happy with their collaboration because Tom Holland shed some light on where things currently stand with the follow-up in a recent interview with WWD (via Spider-Man News) at the New York Film Festival.

"My next project, I can’t tell you about, but we’ve just finished ‘Spider-Man’ and we’re talking about the second one and who the villain is going to be and where we’re going," Holland revealed.

:whee:

Andrew Garfield Talks THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3's Cancellation And Seeing The Wall-Crawler In The MCU

72382093203.jpg

"To be honest, I would not have been able to work with Mel Gibson and Martin Scorsese if I had done Spider-Man 3," Garfield said of his roles in Hacksaw Ridge and Silence (the former is generating serious Oscar buzz, so it's easy to see why he feels this way). "I’m incredibly grateful that I get to now go and watch another man play Spider-Man who I think is a fantastic actor in Tom Holland."

The actor went on to express his excitement to see Holland be the one who gets the opportunity to join The Avengers as the brand new big screen Peter Parker.

"You know what, it’s sliding doors, right? There are so many possible outcomes; so many positives and potential downsides to that situation. If I am being totally honest, I am so excited Spider-Man is back in the hands of Marvel. I think that’s a really awesome move. It was a move that I’ve been advocating since I was offered the Spider-Man gig five or six years ago. I’m also excited for Tom Holland. I think he’s a very emotional, truthful, funny, physical actor, and I love the filmmaker — it all really couldn’t be in any better hands. I’m really stoked for it."