• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
21 21

3,619 posts in this topic

Don't look at the drop shadow from the post-it, look at the lack of shadow from the case or case label. Not to mention his previous 60 days sales history...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/allthebeststuff/m.html?item=162212536632&rmvSB=true&nma=true&orig_cvip=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true&si=Yv9TYky%252FGq3BwViB1FpItNJ5zDU%253D&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

Don't look at the drop shadow from the post-it, look at the lack of shadow from the case or case label. Not to mention his previous 60 days sales history...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/allthebeststuff/m.html?item=162212536632&rmvSB=true&nma=true&orig_cvip=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true&si=Yv9TYky%252FGq3BwViB1FpItNJ5zDU%253D&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

There's a Hot Topic somewhere missing a lot of T-shirts.

I feel like the one dude at the start of 12 angry men! We don't know though!!!

Henry Fonda! Great film.

I think this listing is a scam but it's somewhat unusual in that if it's a hacked account, it was hacked pretty recently. If it's someone (hacker or not) building up misc fb to lead up to the big dollar IH 1 scam, why not buy and sell some cheap comics to make the fb more plausible?

High fb winner of the auction, and what may be shilling from the underbidder.

It's been 17 years since the 1st CGC book was graded and it is still by far the toughest SA Marvel key in grade. It's numbers even rival the SA DC keys in the NM range for scarcity.

Pretty nice looking 3.5 copy went for a two-year low on HA last night.

I saw that. Hulk #1 has pulled back a bit but it happens with all titles. AF #15 would move upward, then pull back a bit and plateau and then move forward again.

Similar to two years ago when the higher grade copies of Hulk #1 started to blow up, it took a while for the new price point to settle in.

I offered a 9.0 to a customer of mine in 2014 just after Metro sold their 9.2 for over $300K and he offered me 60% of my asking price only to regret it hours later after I sold the book. He even tried to buy it back from the next owner but it was no longer available. Now several of my customers wished they picked the book up when it was available at it's old ask.

It also takes a little while for the new price points in the higher grade copies to trickle down to the lower grades.

Pretty nice looking 3.5 copy went for a two-year low on HA last night.

I saw that. Hulk #1 has pulled back a bit but it happens with all titles. AF #15 would move upward, then pull back a bit and plateau and then move forward again.

Similar to two years ago when the higher grade copies of Hulk #1 started to blow up, it took a while for the new price point to settle in.

I offered a 9.0 to a customer of mine in 2014 just after Metro sold their 9.2 for over $300K and he offered me 60% of my asking price only to regret it hours later after I sold the book. He even tried to buy it back from the next owner but it was no longer available. Now several of my customers wished they picked the book up when it was available at it's old ask.

It also takes a little while for the new price points in the higher grade copies to trickle down to the lower grades.

I agree. I think that 3.5 will look like a bargain in a year or two.

I agree. I think that 3.5 will look like a bargain in a year or two.

People have short memories and assume when a book sells for under GPA that the sky is falling.

The new helicopter logic of always up, up and away is not sustainable.

The 3.5 book still sold for about double what it was fetching in 2012 and 2013. That's important to remember. It's a normal pattern for books as they climb in value to pull back from their highs and then move forward again.

It's absolutely a bogus auction.

Just to follow up, a customer of mine won this auction and two weeks later, still no book.