• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

90's VALIANT Comics Thread

289 posts in this topic

So.............this is the big news? lol

On a serious note, I have a stack of Bloodshot #6 that could use a price jump. :sumo:

Better sell them now to the card collectors !!

:roflmao:

lol That was the person I bought the comic collection from.

Is Jason David Frank Playing Bloodshot?

Earlier this week, news broke that Arrow actor Michael Rowe was trading in his Deadshot guns for Ninjak's blade in a forthcoming webseries from Valiant Entertainment and Bat in the Sun.

Besides Rowe as Ninjak, the series will reportedly star Mighty Morphin Power Rangers standout Jason David Frank in an as-yet-undisclosed role...but his social media habits may have provided a clue today.

Jesse Fresco, a Valiant superfan best known for having a top-notch Bloodshot cosplay that he brings with him to numerous major conventions and comics events, posted to social media that Frank had started following him on Instagram.

This comes about fourteen hours after Frank posted to his own Instagram account, "Booked a new show by Valiant Entertainment directed by Bat in the Sun. Big announcement at New York Comic Con."

N4RjcPP.png

Rumors centering on the Ninjak series indicated that the nature of the project would be revealed at New York Comic Con. A photo posted to Frank's Instagram account also indicates that he'll be signing at the Valiant booth.

Re-read some of the early issues of Eternal Warrior and Archer and Armstrong on Comixology.

Pretty good. Eternal Warrior would make a great movie. A modern day Conan with Highlander thrown in.

Archer and Armstrong is just a fun series.

One thing about these Valiant comics from the 1990s is they hold up pretty well 20 years later.

Valiant Comics Announces 2016 NYCC Panels

For the first time anywhere, Valiant is proud to reveal its staggering line-up of NYCC 2016 panels and presentations that will be taking over the Javits Center in the heart of New York City from Thursday, October 6th to Sunday, October 9th!

VALIANT x BAT IN THE SUN: TOP-SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT

Saturday, October 8th at 2:45 p.m.

Panel Room 1A21

Valiant Entertainment, the most acclaimed publisher in comics today, and Bat in the Sun Productions, the team behind the YouTube sensation Super Power Beat Down, join forces for a feature-length live-action series! Join directors Aaron & Sean Schoenke, stars Michael Rowe (CW's Arrow/Flash), Jason David Frank (Power Rangers), Derek Theler (Baby Daddy), Valiant's top executives and more for a first look at footage from the top-secret project! Exclusive giveaway and signing to follow!!

Guests: Michael Rowe, Jason David Frank, John Morrison, Derek Theler, Chantelle Barry, Aaron & Sean Schoenke, Josh Johns, Dinesh Shamdasani, and Special Guests!

Sony switched the movie releases.

Valiant's HARBINGER Film Release Pushed Up, BLOODSHOT Delayed

The site is reporting that Sony has flip-flopped the release dates for Bloodshot and Harbinger so that the latter hits theaters first. In the last month, Sony renewed its options for Harbinger to the tune of six figures and is planning to package the film as soon as possible.

With this in mind, Sony will now be pursuing Bloodshoot second. The film will premiere after Harbinger, but the main character of Bloodshot will be introduced to moviegoers in Harbinger as a villain. A source familiar with the second film told The Wrap that Bloodshot is eyeing a late 2017 or early 2018 release.

Of course, Sony has yet to comment on the exclusive reveal.

“Leading with Harbinger is an interesting choice,” ComicBook.com’s Jaime Lovett said. “A lot of the time, the Renegades aren't your typical superhero team. They're interesting in surviving, and stopping Harada from exploiting them and other Psiots. They're a team of delinquents on the run. Coming out of the gate with Harbinger seems like a good way for Valiant to immediately separate itself from its competitors.”

Once these two films release, the Valiant Cinematic Universe will culminate with a Bloodshot/Harbinger crossover known as Harbinger Wars.

If you’re not familiar with either of these Valiant franchises, then it’s time you started reading. The two comics stand as some of the publisher’s most well known titles. Harbinger follows a powerful character named Toyo Harada, the most powerful psionic on Earth. Obsessed with preserving the planet, Toyo chooses to take over the world, but he is constantly challenged by his former best friend Peter Stanchek who despises the Harbinger Foundation.

It's time the writer of this piece started reading; "his former best friend"?

Hey folks I dont know much about Valiant and need some help.

Are all the X O Manowar original issues collected in a single tpb or several?

Thanks.

Most of the 68 issues of X-O have not been collected in TPB form. There is an old-school TPB that collects 1-4. There is an old school Unity TPB that contains 7-8. There is a 'birth' VEI hardcover that reprinted 0-6. Then there is the VEI omnibus, which collects 0–30, Armorines #0, and X-O Database #1, as well as material from Secrets of the Valiant Universe #1.

For the rest you have to track down the issues (which is not hard or expensive, save a few).

Edited by ckb

Lots of interest in Rai 0.

Really? Seems like most of the graded Valiant keys have dropped back almost to pre-movie announcement prices. Just off the top of my head, I remember EW 4 9.8 (Bloodshot 1st appearance) collecting dust on eBay at $50 pre-hype. Seems like it shot up to $200-250 at its peak, and looks to now have settled at around $100. At the same peak, Rai #0 9.8 was maybe around $175 and seems to hover just above/below $100 now (the last auction for a 9.8 ended at $80 just two days ago). Still not quite at pre-hype lows, but it's fallen off fairly significantly. Again, these numbers are off the top of my head and I'm sure Valiantman or someone else would have more accurate records, but I think these two Bloodshot keys have seen significant dips.

At least this update fills the vacuum left after the initial announcement and confirms that they are moving forward, just not sure why there would be any boost in interest for Rai 0, unless it's folks that are planning on another uptick and stocking up now at the current stalled prices. I would expect Harby to begin to surge with Bloodshot continuing the cooling trend -- but, then again, I'm kind of horrible at predicting market direction, so...

Lots of interest in Rai 0.

Really? Seems like most of the graded Valiant keys have dropped back almost to pre-movie announcement prices. Just off the top of my head, I remember EW 4 9.8 (Bloodshot 1st appearance) collecting dust on eBay at $50 pre-hype. Seems like it shot up to $200-250 at its peak, and looks to now have settled at around $100. At the same peak, Rai #0 9.8 was maybe around $175 and seems to hover just above/below $100 now (the last auction for a 9.8 ended at $80 just two days ago). Still not quite at pre-hype lows, but it's fallen off fairly significantly. Again, these numbers are off the top of my head and I'm sure Valiantman or someone else would have more accurate records, but I think these two Bloodshot keys have seen significant dips.

Significant dips? Prices go up and down, but at the end of the day you still have two books with high print runs that are common in high grade going for more than triple the book+grading cost.

This is a monster win for just about any post Unity book. The fact that any post-unity book sustains a price point around and above $100 for multiple years is just stunning.