• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

I it just me, or do buyers just not leave feedback on eBay anymore? I have always had bad luck in getting feedback even after I leave a polite email asking if the items arrived okay, and they are happy with them...nadda a lot of times. Case in point, I have not gotten feedback on the last 5 books I have sold. At this point my feedback should almost be double what it is right now. How can I ever build a rep. on a site as a seller If no one wants to leave me props???
As a seller, I leave it instantly after receiving payment and I ship in a day. As a buyer I wait until feedback is left for me first or I won't leave it.

I it just me, or do buyers just not leave feedback on eBay anymore? I have always had bad luck in getting feedback even after I leave a polite email asking if the items arrived okay, and they are happy with them...nadda a lot of times. Case in point, I have not gotten feedback on the last 5 books I have sold. At this point my feedback should almost be double what it is right now. How can I ever build a rep. on a site as a seller If no one wants to leave me props???
As a seller, I leave it instantly after receiving payment and I ship in a day. As a buyer I wait until feedback is left for me first or I won't leave it.

I too ship the next day, and always leave feedback to the buyer. I don't know what gives.

I also seem to get many buyers who never leave feedback. I always ship next day, always in a box well-protected, and the feedback I do receive is very positive, so I'm not sure what gives. Maybe it's because it's easy to slip your mind? Ebay doesn't usually send reminders to leave feedback.

I think most people are motivated to give feedback when the service and/or price is especially good or bad.

Regarding typical sales transactions, the simple answer is that since buyers aren't compensated for feedback, it's unnecessary free work for them to add it each time. Maybe if there was some kind of monetary incentive or discounts for comments, they would give more feedback.

I think if customers were both buyers and sellers, they might understand more about how important it is to reward good sellers. But for the pure buyers, there just isn't really that much of an incentive, they actually are likely to inderectly reward by continued loyalty and purchases over time.

:fear:

Hello my name is Jake McFarlane and I am Todd McFarlane's son. My dad wants me to start earning my "own money" so I have joined EBAY and have gotten my dad to give me some cool stuff to sell.

PLUS...everything I will be selling will have his signature on it! And you can get it personalized if you win the auction (just let me know after you win).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252560011801?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hello my name is Jake McFarlane and I am Todd McFarlane's son. My dad wants me to start earning my "own money" so I have joined EBAY and have gotten my dad to give me some cool stuff to sell.

PLUS...everything I will be selling will have his signature on it! And you can get it personalized if you win the auction (just let me know after you win).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252560011801?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Whoa!

:o

Well...he's in the right location. But how does Todd giving him stuff to sell equate to him "earning his own money"...?

Plus, Todd's looking old.

I always leave feedback after I receive the item. So far haven't given a negative. Only once did I just not leave feedback at all, in the case of pre ordering the Batman Rebirth Dell Otto. It didnt ship for almost two weeks after release date. They did respond though, explaining the overwhelming amount of orders. Since they said that I didnt leave a neg, but felt they didnt deserve a pos either. Come on...its one book, put in the cardboard and ship it. That takes two weeks? You didn't expect to be busy?

Man that was like six months ago and im still complaining. But that transaction annoyed me.

Well...he's in the right location. But how does Todd giving him stuff to sell equate to him "earning his own money"...?

It's the Trump model.

It actually looks legit. Seriously with no snarkyness. Maybe Todd wants him to learn how to operate as a facilitator for the family business. Maybe Todd is doing this to teach him how to deal with basics of business.

I will tweet Todd with a link to see if it is legit.

Whoa!

:o

Double whoa! :o

New one up too...with pics of 'ol Todd himself.

It actually looks legit. Seriously with no snarkyness. Maybe Todd wants him to learn how to operate as a facilitator for the family business. Maybe Todd is doing this to teach him how to deal with basics of business.

I will tweet Todd with a link to see if it is legit.

Did Todd tweet a response? It seems legit..

Oh.. and that new listing looks super legit. Like in their house. ha

Edited by Rhymenoceros

Global Shipping question here. So I sold this item via auction and it ended yesterday. I did opt for the Global Shipping got international sales. Come to find out that the winner was from Peru. He messaged me and asked for the shipping and invoice. I replied that Ebay handles that. Then this morning I learned that Peru isn't on the list. Not sure why. But I figured if Ebay don't want to ship there, then why should I. So I canceled the sale and I was instantly refunded my fees today.

Curious why eBay don't ship there or certain other countries. Also how are they allowed to bid on my auction. Perhaps I could have taken the risk, but I just didn't feel like it today. Not got this amount anyways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262674266753?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649#shpCntId

Global Shipping question here. So I sold this item via auction and it ended yesterday. I did opt for the Global Shipping got international sales. Come to find out that the winner was from Peru. He messaged me and asked for the shipping and invoice. I replied that Ebay handles that. Then this morning I learned that Peru isn't on the list. Not sure why. But I figured if Ebay don't want to ship there, then why should I. So I canceled the sale and I was instantly refunded my fees today.

Curious why eBay don't ship there or certain other countries. Also how are they allowed to bid on my auction. Perhaps I could have taken the risk, but I just didn't feel like it today. Not got this amount anyways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262674266753?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649#shpCntId

I have no answers to your questions, but that sure is a cool toy.

I know the guy behind this company is a supposed legend, but man, has their grading declined:

Sparkle City

I guess every book in my collection is the NM+ to Mint range if I was ever to sell out to them. :P

I know the guy behind this company is a supposed legend, but man, has their grading declined:

Sparkle City

I guess every book in my collection is the NM+ to Mint range if I was ever to sell out to them. :P

This one is VF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strange-Tales-106-VF-8-0-HIGH-GRADE-Marvel-Comics-Fantastic-Four-App-Silver-Age-/201698559052?hash=item2ef62bc44c:g:ELQAAOSwnbZYDWkO

:roflmao:

Sparkle City

RUMOR

Heard they were not sending any books to CGC or Voldemort anymore by their own choice or they were not allowed for falling behind in bills. Overheard that at a Carbo show this year or the year before.

SEEMINGLY TRUE

Remember they were getting EVERYTHING slabbed and starting it at a $9.99 price tag. They were not realizing prices for their customers that the customers wanted. Keep in mind that if you consigned through them you were getting charged their consignment fee as well as the eBay fee. You could do much better consigning through Heritage, ComicLink or Comic Connect.

Made sense not to grade everything to save on costs. Make even more money by raising prices.

I used to deal with them all the time. No more.