• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

763 posts in this topic

Well got my Wizard red test print, 9.6 highest on census, in the mail today.

Many thanks to the boardie who snagged it for me. Mostly by surprise lol

All I need is to finish off my ashcan set and I will be totally complete. I think the biggest and hardest books (next to blacks 1 and 3) have been got.

Now I just wait for another two months for my Maxx run sub to get here and I'll post about it here and the census. Then I'll wait for someone to 1up me with a full 9.8 set lol

Thanks all around to all the boardies who have helped me complete my collection so far, you guys have been awesome

Small world, I miss that one. I also sold the SS Blue 9.8.

when you can count some of these rare books on one hand, it is indeed a small small world.

if only we could work out a way to pass it around so each of us could hold it for a week or so... like the Stanley Cup. :P

lol Thought it was you, C. Dunno if I can afford the blue, kinda curious what mine is going to come back as. Pretty sure it's not staying a 9.4

when you can count some of these rare books on one hand, it is indeed a small small world.

if only we could work out a way to pass it around so each of us could hold it for a week or so... like the Stanley Cup. \:P

That would be interesting for sure. Not 100% sure how many hands it's passed through since it got to me. Pretty sure it's at least 3

lol Thought it was you, C. Dunno if I can afford the blue, kinda curious what mine is going to come back as. Pretty sure it's not staying a 9.4

There's no real reason it wouldn't. You know why it got a 9.4, and the handling that happened to it wouldn't have changed that.

Sure, the 9.8s, ok, but I don't imagine the 9.4 will change because of what it went through. If anything, the pre-existing damage would be judged more harshly, but other than that, it's probably going to stay a 9.4.

There's no real reason it wouldn't. You know why it got a 9.4, and the handling that happened to it wouldn't have changed that.

Sure, the 9.8s, ok, but I don't imagine the 9.4 will change because of what it went through. If anything, the pre-existing damage would be judged more harshly, but other than that, it's probably going to stay a 9.4.

I like your optimism. Guess we will find out in a couple months lol

Reading other threads about print runs and the rarity of run exclusives/variants makes me wonder how we came to be with the blue/red foil Wizard 1/2

How did those figures come about that only 10 of each were ever made. We do have concrete proof that 6 blues and 2 reds exist, but that's really all we've got.

I think I remember a boardie who had gotten those himself had stated the publisher told him only 10 of each were made, but I am unsure.

Reading other threads about print runs and the rarity of run exclusives/variants makes me wonder how we came to be with the blue/red foil Wizard 1/2

How did those figures come about that only 10 of each were ever made. We do have concrete proof that 6 blues and 2 reds exist, but that's really all we've got.

I think I remember a boardie who had gotten those himself had stated the publisher told him only 10 of each were made, but I am unsure.

Yes, I purchased the 2 red and 6 blue from Wizard's website back in the day. Their site stated "limited to 10 worldwide."

I sold my 9.6 Blue a little while back. I only have the CGC 9.8 left which will available shortly.

Yes, I purchased the 2 red and 6 blue from Wizard's website back in the day. Their site stated "limited to 10 worldwide."

I sold my 9.6 Blue a little while back. I only have the CGC 9.8 left which will available shortly.

Yes, someone at the Wizard booth at Wizard World Philly many years ago told me that they were limited to 10 copies.

Thanks, I remember discussing it, but not the particulars.

I think your 9.8 SS is up for sale already ;)

No problem.

Yes I saw that. It looks nice. I think, being that its a 9.8 and signed by Kieth I feel it should be worth more than the current price, but then again I'm a little biased. :grin:

Hope the best.

There are only two 9.8's and I sold my 9.6 universal for $2K just a little while back.

Edited by fufat70

Hoping the 9.4 I got from you gets back to me before the next decade lol Looks great with a sig.

I'll be honest with you. That 9.8 sig is not pretty....I did notice that most of Kieth's sigs from '13 were pretty rushed looking and squiggly, but that one....ouch.

Hoping the 9.4 I got from you gets back to me before the next decade lol Looks great with a sig.

I'll be honest with you. That 9.8 sig is not pretty....I did notice that most of Kieth's sigs from '13 were pretty rushed looking and squiggly, but that one....ouch.

Nonetheless, its still a Kieth signature on an extremely rare prototype comic and since its the only one with his signature in 9.8, I feel it should command some real decent coin. :grin:

Good luck with it!! (thumbs u

Here is my set, post Boston...Still have to get the Darker Image Ashcan Variant added to it, and perhaps get Friends of Maxx #2 and #3, but this is pretty much the definitive Maxx set, not including the ReIssue from IDW

Every book, with the exception of Ashcans and Wizard minis, is yellow label,and beisdes some ashcans, the only issue missing is the regular Wizard 1/2, which I brought with me to be signed, and misplaced it while in line. Unfortunate since I cracked it out of a 9.8 slab.

The Wizard Mini #2 also needs the gold variant added to it. There is a slabbed gold variant out there, but for some reason, it was never added to the census, or probably, added as a platinum instead. I only own a regular one, which I will submit to grade one day.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=76438