• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

I had to work....and here I was afraid I was going to have to honor my $ 800 dollar max..... and that wasn't even enough for cab fare from that waterfront bar..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Definitely. FF 52 category blunder? There's a good chance a sale like this will flush out more copies.

I have been tracking TGK 60 and RK 23 for about 2 years and have not seen a copy of eother book in grade.

No raws in VF or slabs in 8.0, either.

If 9.0 copies of either book are out there, the demand will always be far greater than the supply.

Definitely one of the best of the Marvel Westerns. We should do a poll for top 5 or 10

heres my candidates:

Rawhide Kid 17

Rawhide Kid 22

Rawhide Kid 23

Two Gun Kid 58

Two Gun Kid 60

Kid Colt 100

Kid Colt 107

The next three get more difficult.

Kid Colt 93 Ghost cover

Kid Colt 106 posible Ringmaster Circus Crime prototype

...plus maybe other tenuous super-hero "prototype" issues like Kid Colt 114 Iron Mask

I am seriously considering keeping all of my Kirby westerns.

While I am not a cover-oriented collector, I think Gunsmoke Western #66 is/will be a top-ten Marvel Western.

I had to look up that cover... and now I need to buy one! :cry:

Definitely one of the best of the Marvel Westerns. We should do a poll for top 5 or 10

heres my candidates:

Rawhide Kid 17

Rawhide Kid 22

Rawhide Kid 23

Two Gun Kid 58

Two Gun Kid 60

Kid Colt 100

Kid Colt 107

The next three get more difficult.

Kid Colt 93 Ghost cover

Kid Colt 106 posible Ringmaster Circus Crime prototype

...plus maybe other tenuous super-hero "prototype" issues like Kid Colt 114 110 First Iron Mask

For Westerns, 110 should make the list for sure.

like all our lists, the biggies are easy and it gets harder down the line. I don't hear much heat about the western "super villains" beyond that they are somewhat more collectible than all the rest that are just western stories and no repeat characters.

So that means we have a handful of mega keys (1st appearances, origins and monsters), then a handful of lesser super-villain and repeat characters plus crossovers, then practically all the rest.

Basically same as all genres isn't it.

actually, is it just the 110 in the second tier? or are there more?

like all our lists, the biggies are easy and it gets harder down the line. I don't hear much heat about the western "super villains" beyond that they are somewhat more collectible than all the rest that are just western stories and no repeat characters.

So that means we have a handful of mega keys (1st appearances, origins and monsters), then a handful of lesser super-villain and repeat characters plus crossovers, then practically all the rest.

Basically same as all genres isn't it.

actually, is it just the 110 in the second tier? or are there more?

My personal opinion would be that just 110 would make it, although 114 is a cool cover!

2 days ago Id have guessed a 9.0 17 would top out at 3K . but now? who knows....

I suppose we could all see this coming... but when books are dogs (or "very cool with a limited fan base!'") FINALLY GET HOT its always a shock. I guess like a bad neighborhood suddenly getting gentrified.