• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

I'll pick them up in a couple of days. The way the auction worked was they auctioned off some 600 lots. Next they add up the total and either of the two surviving children can keep everything by paying the other that amount. That almost never happens. Some of the art and statues went for serious money so I expect the sale will go thru.

Also got a nice framed and signed 11 x17 of the cast from Glee. It's one of 150 and a similar one sold for $250. I paid just under $50.

So I'm helping a buddy with his old collection that he hasn't touched in about 35 years & stumbled across this today. I can't seem to find any values for coverless versions but it's otherwise intact:

... the Hulk 181 is the one I'm most interested in gauging value on.

:applause:

I dunno -- maybe 100 bucks or so these days? Maybe a little less? More?

In any case, I absolutely LOVE the math homework at the top. To me, that's not a "defect"...it's a priceless reminder of simpler times and more carefree days. Outstanding!

I agree with $100 as is, but I'd put a repro cover on it, and try for $150.

What's your paypal? I'll send $100 right now.

So what's a coverless worth?

More than $100. lol

Today's estate sale finds <a  href=IMG_4633_zps5quwifx1.jpg' alt='IMG_4633_

I need to find me some Splatt Moon Knights.

They're great books! I remember they were all the rage in the 90s and I could never find them. Really stoked. I'm probably going to send 55 and 57 to be graded along with a few others from this haul. I lucked out. A lot of these are in excellent condition.

Was at an estate auction today and there was a batch of caricatures of Hollywood stars from 1981-83. Burt Reynolds, Loni Anderson, Danny Devito, and a few others. Googled the artist and he was the cartoonist that did Opus. For a buck a pop, I took them home.

Berkeley Breathed????? ----

Was at an estate auction today and there was a batch of caricatures of Hollywood stars from 1981-83. Burt Reynolds, Loni Anderson, Danny Devito, and a few others. Googled the artist and he was the cartoonist that did Opus. For a buck a pop, I took them home.

Post pictures!

hm I bet if you send an email to Disneyland or Disney World, they have experts there who might be able to help. It looks like there is an image on the lower right that might be a Disney Logo?

They have a huge art department.

Thanks, Sharon!

That's where it's signed "Kang" lower right under the castle.

Hate to be Debbie Downer, but that looks like a piece of homegrown fan art to me. I’d be really surprised if it was something a Disney shop sold.

That was definitely my first thought, but there's a sophistication of the character poses that suggest something more, and coming from an Iowa estate... Doubtful there was someone named "Kang" around here in the '60s. The estate was heavy on Japanese items, the family traveled there, maybe multiple times, but Kang is likely a Chinese name. The mystery may remain unsolved.

That was definitely my first thought, but there's a sophistication of the character poses that suggest something more, and coming from an Iowa estate... Doubtful there was someone named "Kang" around here in the '60s. The estate was heavy on Japanese items, the family traveled there, maybe multiple times, but Kang is likely a Chinese name. The mystery may remain unsolved.

Nice painting!

The painting is probably of recent vintage since the Disney castle as spaceship would not be a common image in the 1960s. The artist is likely Korean since Kang is one of the more common surnames in Korea. A lot of animation work since the 1990s was outsourced to Asia since the pay rates for animators was about 5 times cheaper than in the US. Disney has outsourced many animation projects to Asia including Korea so the artist could have worked on a Disney animated film or produced the painting for sale in Asia.

For the last few years I've had ads up that I buy collections. In that time I've talked to 100s of people and have only bought one collection, which had a full run of JLA v1 and some other goodies. I bought my second collection tonight. This guy contacted me a year ago about his father's books he inherited and has stored for like 20+ years. He could never give me good pics but from what I did see it looked to be low grade (GD/VG) copies of ASM from 8 through 130ish, including 129, Fantastic Four 20-30, and Detective Comics 270-300. He said he had around 700 books total, but I never received photos of them.

His initial asking price? Well since he looked them up on ebay and values them at 26k, he would cut me a deal at 13K. I explained to him that that would never happen, and over the course of a year and many phone calls, we finally came to an agreement tonight on a much more reasonable price. Literally a year of haggling.

We meet up in a parking lot and all of the books are smashed togethe rin ziploc bags or wrapped in saran wrap. Guy was pretty creative making bags, no boards of any sort of course. Everything is there though and I think I can make a pretty good profit so we do the deal.

Just got home and nearly fell out of my chair when I uncovered this.

n4oU0a2.jpg

There's some other great books I uncovered but this one takes the cake. Unfortunately no ASM1, FF1, etc.

Persistence pays off!