• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Valiant Universe movies announced by Sony... Bloodshot first in 2017

202 posts in this topic

Sony switched the movie releases.

Valiant's HARBINGER Film Release Pushed Up, BLOODSHOT Delayed

The site is reporting that Sony has flip-flopped the release dates for Bloodshot and Harbinger so that the latter hits theaters first. In the last month, Sony renewed its options for Harbinger to the tune of six figures and is planning to package the film as soon as possible.

With this in mind, Sony will now be pursuing Bloodshoot second. The film will premiere after Harbinger, but the main character of Bloodshot will be introduced to moviegoers in Harbinger as a villain. A source familiar with the second film told The Wrap that Bloodshot is eyeing a late 2017 or early 2018 release.

Of course, Sony has yet to comment on the exclusive reveal.

“Leading with Harbinger is an interesting choice,” ComicBook.com’s Jaime Lovett said. “A lot of the time, the Renegades aren't your typical superhero team. They're interesting in surviving, and stopping Harada from exploiting them and other Psiots. They're a team of delinquents on the run. Coming out of the gate with Harbinger seems like a good way for Valiant to immediately separate itself from its competitors.”

Once these two films release, the Valiant Cinematic Universe will culminate with a Bloodshot/Harbinger crossover known as Harbinger Wars.

First Look at Valiant’s Live-Action Ninjak

4780446d-e972-4623-aa0e-2bad1051427a.jpg

Valiant Entertainment has debuted the first official image of Colin King as Ninjak, in the publisher’s upcoming feature-length original digital series starring the character. Valiant is set to unveil further details for the project at New York Comic Con next week.

According to an official press release, the series “will feature Ninjak’s brutal live-action debut as he goes head-to-head with a top-secret roster of Valiant’s most iconic heroes for a bloodstained battle royale.”

:whee:

We can criticize this until we're blue in the face. Fact is, it's their money, they're going to do this first, and I for one think it's a great idea. I don't watch Youtube for anything other than occasionally I'll put it on to listen to music. I can't tell you how many of those beat downs I've seen just by going on Facebook and having others post them. It's not stuff I go out and look for, but they're always somewhere I happen to be.

I'm absolutely positive that for a hundred million there was some research involved.

Jay

I dunno, it just comes across as kind of cheap and penny-ante.

Not that I think they'd be able to do justice to the characters...that seems only reserved for Deadpool.

I thought the same thing when someone said Netflix was going to create their own exclusive content.

Seemed like "pay-per-Youtube" to me... but I've binge-watched hundreds of hours of Netflix-only shows at this point.

If "different graphical story format" automatically equals "bad", then I guess we should stick to pre-historic cave drawings. Everything after that is just a bad substitute.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Valiant isn't trying to unseat Marvel or DC. The big two are like ketchup and mustard. They're not going anywhere.

Valiant is sriracha... for those who want something else once in a while.

Fine.

Call me when Netlix (or even Amazon) unveils a Valiant-based show.

YouTube is orders-of-magnitude different from those.

Yes - I get that the Deadpool "test footage" that was released on YouTube was instrumental in getting the solo movie made, but I seriously doubt these will have anywhere near the production value of that (or the "Dirty Laundry" Punisher short).

Further, Deadpool had a huge built-in fanbase with the geeks.

Valiant? Not so much.

The best-selling Valiant title last month (Faith # 1) couldn't break the Top 100 list of comics, and sold less than what Rai # 3 did back in the day -- when it was touted as the rarest regular Pre-Unity book.

Again, that the Valiant characters are unknown to the public (and frankly, most comic fans) isn't a total deal-breaker.

But YouTube shorts aren't the way to go for their critical first impression.

I thought the same thing when someone said Netflix was going to create their own exclusive content.

Seemed like "pay-per-Youtube" to me... but I've binge-watched hundreds of hours of Netflix-only shows at this point.

If "different graphical story format" automatically equals "bad", then I guess we should stick to pre-historic cave drawings. Everything after that is just a bad substitute.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Valiant isn't trying to unseat Marvel or DC. The big two are like ketchup and mustard. They're not going anywhere.

Valiant is sriracha... for those who want something else once in a while.

If they were coming out with a Netflix series or even Amazon I would have nothing bad to say. We were led to believe major motion pictures and we get Youtube webisodes. You can spin it any way you like, but this is a little disappointing.

We were led to believe major motion pictures and we get Youtube webisodes. You can spin it any way you like, but this is a little disappointing.

We weren't led to believe Ninjak was getting a major motion picture. Ninjak was never mentioned in any live format.

We were told about Bloodshot and Harbinger.

... and here's the update: http://www.thewrap.com/valiant-comics-harbinger-bloodshot-sony-cinematic-universe/

We were led to believe major motion pictures and we get Youtube webisodes. You can spin it any way you like, but this is a little disappointing.

We weren't led to believe Ninjak was getting a major motion picture. Ninjak was never mentioned in any live format.

... and here's the update: http://www.thewrap.com/valiant-comics-harbinger-bloodshot-sony-cinematic-universe/

I hope those movies get made....for the sake of all my Eternal Warrior #4's :)

If this was the catalyst to get Sony moving again, then bravo to Valiant!

It is interesting not long after the Super Hero Beat Down press release comes out, all of a sudden Sony figures out its release plan for the movies. Like they were afraid of later rights conflicts.

Who is financing the SPBD Ninjak episodes? Is this Valiant taking the bull by the horns while Sony stuff creeps along?

I think Valiant is doing this... it's SPBD people with more budget, from what I've heard.

From the original press release, it would appear this was part of a marketing plan for some time now. Just staged at a given point in time.

Valiant CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani said in a statement:

“We’ve been quietly working behind the scenes on this series since 2015 and are incredibly excited to be debuting the first look at footage this year at New York Comic Con. We’ve set out to make the best and most ambitious series ever produced in the digital space – one that will live up to the high standards we’ve set in publishing. As Valiant gears up for an upcoming slate of film, television and video game releases, we felt the timing was right to begin to produce live-action digital content that would both give ours fans an experience truly worthy of the Valiant Universe, while also introducing new fans to the Valiant characters in the same way the animated television shows of the 1980s and 1990s did for comics in years past. Get ready to lose your mind – seeing Ninjak in action for the first time in nothing short of incredible.”