• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,140 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262619225515

Can't believe people buy these fakes from this seller. :facepalm:

He also has an "original" drawing by Leonardo da Vinci !!!!

This could be your chance to own a rare work of art by the greatest artist of all time!

Who doesn't ?

:whee:

Nothing shady going on, just a funny listing. You might want to remove the $99 sign on your item listed for $175.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Death-Dealer-statue-Frank-Frazetta-/272372857953?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

He has a "best offer" option. It would be funny if everybody here offered him $99.

$98

Okay so I had a 0-feedback buyer, who just created his account the same day he bought a book, and so I sent it to him last week - but USPS tracking now says this:

Insufficient Address

Sep-02-16, 11:07 AM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

Undeliverable as Addressed

Sep-01-16, 16:15 PM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

Out for Delivery

Sep-01-16, 08:57 AM, OAK FOREST, IL 60452

So after googling the address he had on record, it looks like it's an apartment complex, but Mr. Day-old Noob didn't put any apartment number on his address with Ebay.

Should I contact him immediately or should I wait until the book is returned to me?

Wait until it's returned to you

Called Ebay, they closed the case, sided with me.

Still haven't gotten the book back yet. Now I gotta call USPS. :taptaptap:

Is it the cover art on the box is entirely different than the actual puzzle that's laid out??

Yep. And the description is listing the puzzle box, not the actual puzzle. Which happens to be worth more than the puzzle he is actually selling.

Has anyone noticed a change in the layout on ebay? I'll try to explain what I mean. When looking at an item before, at the top of the page it would look something like:

Listed in Category: Collectibles > Comics > Silver Age > Superhero > Batman

I used to click where it said "Comics" and it would automatically bring me to a list of every comic listing, and I could sort from the drop down.

Now, when clicking on the comics category from the top of a listing it brings me to some mess page where I have to choose a sub-category (golden, silver bronze etc) Then there's are are a bunch more filters to scroll past and eventually a list of just the comics in that sub-category with no drop-down menu to sort.

Anybody know how to access the old style?

Am I missing something simple here?

An AF15 from a seller with very low feedback, very little recent feedback, (only one sale, for a $2 item more than a year ago) with pictures and description identical to elsewhere on the innerwebs:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-0-OW-Pages-Universal-Spider-Man-Marvel-/232082684571?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Here's where you can find the same pics and description:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/amazing-fantasy-15-cgc-0-ow-pages-50410854

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVER-SURFER-44-THANOS-1st-appearance-INFINITY-GAUNTLET-KEY-BOOK-CGC-IT-NM-/291880382185?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Someone needs to send a polite message to this seller, informing them of their need to learn how to grade. The book, at best, is a VF/NM, and there's almost certainly damage that cannot be seen.

Just a polite note...maybe direct the seller here. May do some good.

By the way....this is very typical of the average eBay seller...books that are clearly and significantly overgraded. It's just the way it's always been.

Not sure if this seller is a boardie here, but I am more than pleased to do business with him and highly recommend him here. This morning I activated a 10% eBay bucks cert. I always like to keep a few items in my watch list for just when I get some buying perk. So I gave the listing a good looking over and decided to call the number in the description. I did have a question about the book and hat was quickly and professionally answered and then I asked if they could lower the asking price a bit ($50) and the reply was yes. Within minutes the listing reflected the new lower price and I did earn $77.50 in eBay bucks that I can spend Oct 3rd. I also see that the book has a tracking number generated and I have been left with feedback. The seller scored high in every area of customer service I like when I buy and sell for that fact. I was treated the same way I would treat someone. Sorry I got no complaints, gripes or rants for this thread, just pure satisfaction. Well the book isn't in hand yet , but I anticipate more of the same.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/WINGS-COMICS-1948-90-CGC-8-5-VF-GOOD-GIRL-BONDAGE-COVER-FICTION-HOUSE-MAGAZINE-/381761908052?nav=WATCHING_ENDED

I it just me, or do buyers just not leave feedback on eBay anymore? I have always had bad luck in getting feedback even after I leave a polite email asking if the items arrived okay, and they are happy with them...nadda a lot of times. Case in point, I have not gotten feedback on the last 5 books I have sold. At this point my feedback should almost be double what it is right now. How can I ever build a rep. on a site as a seller If no one wants to leave me props???

Edited by gradejunky