• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,478 posts in this topic

ive never heard of the second print sandman before. anyone have a pic? same cover? how can you tell without seeing the indica?

Wasn't it already posted in this thread? I know somebody posted a pic of one recently somewhere on the boards.

Anyway, it says "2nd Printing" rather than "Direct Sales" in the UPC box.

Guess what I just found...and you'll never guess where...

:whistle:

ive never heard of the second print sandman before. anyone have a pic? same cover? how can you tell without seeing the indica?

Wasn't it already posted in this thread? I know somebody posted a pic of one recently somewhere on the boards.

Anyway, it says "2nd Printing" rather than "Direct Sales" in the UPC box.

Guess what I just found...and you'll never guess where...

:whistle:

No one's gonna guess, huh...?

Posted this in another thread but it's also a HTF book so...

This is the second time in less than a year that I found this book for $1 in the wild: :cool:

20160919_211330-1_zpslyboebd1.jpg

That's funny, both copies I found in the last year also came from dollar bins! Guess it's one of those books that the average shop doesn't know about.

Here's one I never find in the wild: Nova #8 1st Cosmo in better than VF/NM condition. That sucker is almost non existent in high grade

That's funny, both copies I found in the last year also came from dollar bins! Guess it's one of those books that the average shop doesn't know about.

Here's one I never find in the wild: Nova #8 1st Cosmo in better than VF/NM condition. That sucker is almost non existent in high grade

I've come across a number of Nova #8 in the past couple years. I've yet to find a real crisp one. I don't think there is much value left in it though.

Runaways, meh, wouldn't say it's that hard to find.

I've come across a number of Nova #8 in the past couple years. I've yet to find a real crisp one. I don't think there is much value left in it though.

It's still a good $20 flip and if Cosmo is has a prominent role in GOTG2 it will be much more than that.

I hope so because then they'll make toys and a plush Cosmo would look great on my shelf :grin:

It's still a good $20 flip and if Cosmo is has a prominent role in GOTG2 it will be much more than that.

I hope so because then they'll make toys and a plush Cosmo would look great on my shelf :grin:

I found plenty of nova/Cosmo 8's both in the wild and on the bay. It peaked at 30 soon after the 1st GOTG movie but then it quickly died. I had 2 in NM and thought of grading but then flipped em for 25 each. Never found runaways tho. Everyone's different I guess

I missed it

:doh:

If I knew you were looking I would have grabbed it...and then Mile High would have refunded b/c it's not in stock and jacked the price.

Ha, I'll let you know how it shows up.

Pretty nice. Looks like one tick that might keep it from being a 9.8.

dbb8be21-1924-4611-93fe-1ce99c1ceb38_zpslgfix5qo.jpg

I missed it

If I knew you were looking I would have grabbed it...and then Mile High would have refunded b/c it's not in stock and jacked the price.

Color break or pressable?

Nice one!

Should I have passed on Punisher #104 for $3?
Unless you need it for your run I would have passed and did the other day for $1.25. They only go for like $5. Here is what I picked up. There was a whole run of a lot of Punisher books. I only picked up 100 foil cover because I needed it. 102 is the most valuable from that series. That I always try to find. I pass on 1, 4, 10 if I don't find them in good enough condition. <a  href=IMG_4633_zps5quwifx1.jpg' alt='IMG_4633_

I missed it

Color break or pressable?

Nice one!

Color break. There is a weird "fold" down one side that is pressable.

Runaways, meh, wouldn't say it's that hard to find.

I haven't seen a copy for years anywhere in person. The print run wasn't that high and it take off immediately at the time.

I wish I would have kept more of them.