• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

Superman was like a blast from the 50s 60s...just a fun read from beginning to end.

Totally agree with that, great mix of classic and new that really worked, I've been picking up books as they come out but I'm a bit behind on my reading.Hal Jordan is next on the list

The Hal Jordan book starts off with some complicated stuff for new readers, I had to get my buddy who is a GL fanatic to give me a run down. I don't even understand it all.

Ha that's fine with me as I'm fairly familiar with most of the GL mythos, really looking forward to it after seeing that cool Sinestro cover

Just read the Hal Jordan issues (up to #4) gotta say I'm liking it so far. As a long time GL fan I didn't find anything too bewildering. I feel it's the tying up of previous storylines that may cause some confusion but it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the issues.

Superman was like a blast from the 50s 60s...just a fun read from beginning to end.

Totally agree with that, great mix of classic and new that really worked, I've been picking up books as they come out but I'm a bit behind on my reading.Hal Jordan is next on the list

The Hal Jordan book starts off with some complicated stuff for new readers, I had to get my buddy who is a GL fanatic to give me a run down. I don't even understand it all.

Ha that's fine with me as I'm fairly familiar with most of the GL mythos, really looking forward to it after seeing that cool Sinestro cover

Just read the Hal Jordan issues (up to #4) gotta say I'm liking it so far. As a long time GL fan I didn't find anything too bewildering. I feel it's the tying up of previous storylines that may cause some confusion but it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the issues.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's a convoluted story or anything like that, just for new GL readers it would leave a lot of questions about how it starts out. Hal having the Krona glove, being the last of the GLs, why the corps is lost and having to find their way back, why Hal used the glove / gave it up to get a GL ring again... which happens to be a downgrade from the glove... I've only read John's original GL Rebirth and Blackest Night arc previously.. Everything else had to get a run down for who/what/why.

DC Rebirth and Regular relaunch #1s sold well at the Edmonton Expo this past weekend. I was surprised at how fast they were moving considering a couple of LCSs still have some on the shelf.

The regular new Suicide Squad book sold well at $6 but a bit slower at $8, while the Bermejo variant to #1 sold well at $15. Harley #1 at $6 and the variant at $10 were steady, while the DCU Rebirth #1 was a fast seller at $10 and then $15 - I think I am out of copies now. The Rebirth #1 variants all sold well at $10 to $12, except for Aquaman - I did not sell a single copy all weekend. lol

Flash Rebirth #1 started at $10 then $12 and $15. Flash Rebirth #1 variant started at $10 then $12. No takers at $15.

Flash #1 - Regular $6 and variant at $8 (I only brought 1 of each and sold them)

Green Arrow Rebirth #1 only brought a couple of each and sold them - both covers at $10.

Green Arrow #1 - Regular $6 and variants at $8.

Wonder Woman Rebirth #1 Variant - $10 (sold several - I did not bring any regulars by mistake)

Wonder Woman #1 - $6 (sold several) and Variant $8 (sold one or two)

Suicide Squad Rebirth #1 - $8 and Variant $10 (sold a few of each)

Superman Rebirth #1 - $6 and Variant $10 (sold one of each)

Nightwing Rebirth #1 - Regular $6 and Variant $8 (sold a couple of each)

Batman Rebirth #1 - regular $6-$8-$10 and variant $10 (sold a few of each)

Batman Regular #1 - regular $6 and variant $8 (sold several regular and all of my variants)

In the end I sold half a short box or more of Rebirth books on Saturday and a few on Sunday. I did not have them out on Friday until end of the day. doh!

Edited by kimik

Just read #4 of Flash and I think this book has been a lot of fun so far. Big fan of the art on this as well, I like the static speed force look.

From a collectors standpoint if you had to rank the best flash books to own in the series based off potential thus far...I don't want to spoil anything so I am trying to be a bit ambiguous. (ex: First appearance, origin story, first cover) These 2 #1 Rebirth books have been throwing me off.

Detective is still my favorite so far

Aquaman is about to be dropped (I can't believe I am saying that)

Wonder Woman good (wish it was just one story)

Superwoman - OK

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey - on the fence on this, will finish first story arc

Batgirl - enjoyable

Cyborg - thought the Rebirth issue was a little disjointed, but enjoyed issues 2 and 3

Supergirl - did not like the Rebirth issue, enjoyed #1

I wasn't a big fan of the Gotham arc on Batman and am not a fan of Night of the Monster Men especially when it is hogging up time on three titles. I think that Batman is going to pick up though starting with issue 9. I like what I'm hearing about what is coming up. Mikel Janin's art that I've seen teased looks spectacular. This run may really elevate his stock.

I've been really behind as I switched to DCBS and only get that shipped once a month. Finally finished the Gotham arc and it was okay with an interesting angle in the last issue but agree that 'Tec blew it away in a head-to-head. Monster Men seems a bit silly, but I'm only one issue in. I liked where all 3 titles (Bats, 'Tec and Nightwing) were going on their own and I think it was a poor decision to try crossovers this early into the "rebirth" while writers are just getting their feet planted. Both Batman and Nightwing wrapped up their initial arcs too quickly and it felt like it was forced for the sake of convenience. Then again, I kind of pine for those olden days when it wasn't about the arc, just one long continuity that kept going.

Glad Teen Titans is finally out, I've been waiting for that one for a while. It's okay so far and I'm a Damian fan, so I'm interested to see where it will go since the first issue was only the setup. Picked up the Raven limited series but haven't started it yet. Other stuff I've bought but haven't started/caught up on: Deathstroke, Cyborg, Titans.

Red Hood is still my sleeper of the bunch -- fun book but it does feel like it's dragging along compared to the bi-monthly pace of other books, especially with a Bat-title coming out each week.

Also, while I don't want to belittle any artist's skills, I agree that some of these covers are not cover-quality material.

Seems like the 1st 2 issues of DC's Rebirth were returnable. 1 of my 2 LCS was selling coverless, stripped Rebirths for 20c each. :juggle:

Good for folks who want to try out a new DC title for cheap like Batman by Finch, Action, Chinese Superman, WW, Aquaman, Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Green Arrow, etc. There were no coverless Harleys, All-Star Batmans (Romita Jr, Snyder), or Suicide Squads (Jim Lee).

Seems like the 1st 2 issues of DC's Rebirth were returnable. 1 of my 2 LCS was selling coverless, stripped Rebirths for 20c each. :juggle:

Good for folks who want to try out a new DC title for cheap like Batman by Finch, Action, Chinese Superman, WW, Aquaman, Green Lanterns, Batgirl, Green Arrow, etc. There were no coverless Harleys, All-Star Batmans (Romita Jr, Snyder), or Suicide Squads (Jim Lee).

I think there may have been up to 6 issues worth of returnable stuff for many of the early issues like Flash and Batman. I got a bunch for 50% off just before my LCS sent theirs back (covers intact).