• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! MLJ Publishing and Golden Age Archie only!
22 22

3,914 posts in this topic

Went to a convention in my hometown yesterday (first I have gone to in 20 years) and picked these three up. :grin:

A0EDC551-D0E0-40D3-A9CC-184BFE69D9D0_zpstuaxa6gb.jpg

5D32B120-BF20-470F-B8A3-DD61B7C62FF7_zpssbnohubz.jpg

99C9BF5A-0826-47BE-BCB9-608923A6C1A8_zpscfkyj0z9.jpg

Beautiful books, Rick! That colors on that pep and that Archie 53 are so rich, look like new!

:applause: if 50 is the 'Headlight cover', I hereby designate 53 as the 'Baby got back' cover :blush:

OK, I just bought this book. I have always loved this cover and felt the first Wilbur, being the Archie prototype, is pretty cool. This is from Funnies, Inc file copies bound volume. I have one other book from a bound volume (my Cindy 37). Pages look awesome on this from what I see. Anybody else think this is cool or am I crazy? :screwy:

I bought it because I think it is awesome but I also don't want to be under water with it from a financial standpoint. (shrug)

CY26INWh.jpg

F6dW1wuh.jpg

tVs3Iwgh.jpg

I saw Met had a Zip 13 they added to their for sale list. VG for $500. I called Frank to ask him to bring it to NYCC next week so I could have a look (since they had a stock photo) and he said it already sold.

Who got it?

Edited by GoldenPRGuy