• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

Was lucky enough to score one of the IDW Bill Sienkiewicz Artist Select New Mutants books with an original pen/ink drawing.

I was really hoping to get something with Magik, so beyond stoked to get a full head shot of her.

A09B367E-9ACA-4294-9BB8-3918A3B3808E_zpsa398enhw.jpg

High res scan is up on my CAF.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1345038

We attended Wizard World Austin so that Rebecca could add Matt Smith to her Dr. Who piece. We achieved that goal as you can see here: mRzezv3P_2409162049031sbpi.jpg

While waiting for our slot with Matt, we stopped by Guy Gilchrist’s table. I had a nice conversation with him, but Rebecca succumbed to his charms and bought a Muppets Sunday featuring Miss Piggy as she campaigns for Vice President. It’s cute. Check it out:

lHCnavAv_2409162031471gpadd.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn

An extraordinary Doctor Strange art day! Brunner and Mignola.

I am a huge Doctor Strange fan and especially fond of Frank Brunner's short but sweet time drawing him. I have wanted a "Crusty Bunkers" page for a while but opportunity had not arrived when I could take advantage of it. So I am very excited about this page since I had been offered it several years ago and had to pass.

Marvel Premiere 10 p. 14 (Sept. 1973)

mSmhavBj_2909161348281sbpi.jpg

The second exciting page is from Triumph and Torment, as drawn by Mike Mignola. I have also longed for a page from this book for quite a while. The opportunity to buy it was really amazing and I have to thank Daniel Moran for letting it go.

Dr. Strange / Dr. Doom Triumph and Torment p. 8 (1989)

NFOsUlUX_2309161751331sbpi.jpg

Two of the best Doctor Strange acquisitions I have ever found (found within 6 days of each other, so I am out of cash now.)

Book of Strange CAF Gallery