• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,742 posts in this topic

Arrived today.

1942%20PLANET%20021-210tn_zpsqhxilqlj.jpg

1942%20PLANET%20021-210b_zpsucweip5l.jpg

Nice book. 21 is a cool book to own. :applause:

Thanks man. It actually looks pretty impressive for grade in hand. The Boardie who sold it didn't really have pics that did it justice. I took those today. It's quite a lovely book really.

I'm looking for the cover of a comic described in Cord A. Scott's Comics and conflict: patriotism and propaganda from WWII through Operation Iraqi Freedom. On page 15 of his book he writes the following:

"A particularly popular plot device was brainwashing, an example of which appeared in the story 'Grease Monkey Griffin' in Wings #15. This issue exhibits one of the most confusing adaptations of racial ideology imaginable. On the cover, a Zulu-like African warrior stands in the cockpit of a flying plane and throws a spear at an Allied plane—while carrying a copy of Mein Kampf in his other hand. In the story line, it is revealed that the tribesmen have been brainwashed by Nazis agents in the heart of the African jungle."

Edited by creaturefan95

Finally got one of these tonight!

4ECDDF0C-386D-4CDF-B495-DED921E7138F_zpszk5fvlwd.jpeg

Nice acquisition. Many in the boards will attest to how difficult this book is to locate.

How is the interior art and page quality ?

I will know soon. Didn't even wait to get it- was too excited :whee:

...the art in this one is fantastic..... with a very risqué center spread..... my high grade copy went to a boardie and I do miss it from time to time..... You'll love it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u