• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Bronze Romance Books
9 9

269 posts in this topic

Comics.org has some interesting notes on the cover artist for that issue.

http://www.comics.org/issue/211759/

Was also reprinted on Our Love Story 33 cover...

315eafr.jpg

Indexer Notes

Pencils originally credited to Ron Wilson, changed by Nick Caputo on December 23, 2010, based an interview by Ron Wilson in Back Issue, who noted that his first cover was published some eight months later (Supernatural Thrillers # 4)

Someone pointed out that the hovering face is taken (or pasted) from Jim Starlin's opening splash on the interior story.

http://pencilink.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-love-20-jim-starlin-art.html

Edited by bronze_rules

Comics.org has some interesting notes on the cover artist for that issue.

http://www.comics.org/issue/211759/

Was also reprinted on Our Love Story 33 cover...

315eafr.jpg

Indexer Notes

Pencils originally credited to Ron Wilson, changed by Nick Caputo on December 23, 2010, based an interview by Ron Wilson in Back Issue, who noted that his first cover was published some eight months later (Supernatural Thrillers # 4)

Someone pointed out that the hovering face is taken (or pasted) from Jim Starlin's opening splash on the interior story.

http://pencilink.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-love-20-jim-starlin-art.html

Nice detective work. I guess the cover was Frankensteined together. And it explains why Starlin got a cover credit from some sources.

Hit the NYCC today and picked up some great BA Marvel romance from Dale Roberts.

He's got a pretty sharp My Love 14, for anybody who's looking. I told him it ought to be a wall book!

Went to a store today having a huge sale. They had just received a collection of the brightest, whitest, glossiest BA marvel romance and Millie books I had ever seen. Structurally, many approached 9.8s. Big foxing issues, as well as staining on some of the must stunning copies. I was able to salvage these.

CCF11262016_0008_zpsq6ccp89r.jpg

CCF11262016_0006_zpszphouzfw.jpg

CCF11262016_0007_zpsnd5bdqzi.jpg

Sweet haul!

I always liked that Falling in Love 121 cover. I thought it was Mortimer, but GCD suggests DeZuninga!

Young Love 79 has some great Alex Toth artwork.  It's part of a serial that also runs through Secret Hearts.

Were these from that eBay seller nationalartifact in Montclair, NJ?

2 hours ago, MisterX said:

Sweet haul!

I always liked that Falling in Love 121 cover. I thought it was Mortimer, but GCD suggests DeZuninga!

Young Love 79 has some great Alex Toth artwork.  It's part of a serial that also runs through Secret Hearts.

Were these from that eBay seller nationalartifact in Montclair, NJ?

Nope, they were all bought from the boards from nochips.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:49 PM, MisterX said:

Here are my pick-ups from last October's NYCC (all from Dale Roberts) and a few books I picked up from comics4less on eBay last year.

I'm having trouble finding white covers that aren't tanning!

CCI01052017.jpg

CCI01052017_0001.jpg

CCI01062017.jpg

CCI01062017_0001.jpg

CCI01132017.jpg

Our Love Story 13 is one of the most difficult Marvel BA 25 centers to find in grade. Took me years to find one and you have a great copy!

IMG_1040.JPG.d4723988bf9df68e4603365634b15cd9.JPGOne reason why the Bronze Age was the last great era for the romance genre - one of the keys of the Bronze Age in old label goodness!

Edited by bronze johnny