• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to locate/buy/trade the cover for THE FLASH v2 #55 cover

by Greg Larocque & Jose Marzan Jr:

33u9yds.jpg

It was sold on Heritage a few years back. It looks like the original art

was hand-colored after publication, but I like the piece anyway.

So, if anyone has a lead or the piece, please contact me at:

galschwart@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gal

I am looking for DC Comics "Birds of Prey" Issue #76 pages #10, #20 and #22 by Joe Prado and Ed Benes and Alex Lei, written by Gail Simone from January 2005

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=100538

I know they were sold via eBay directly from Ed Benes art representative / dealer. I missed out on 'em because the auctions listed were in succession, closing within seconds of each other and I was at work and someone came in to discuss business while those were closing and I wasn't able to get my bids in... don't you hate it when work gets in the way of slacking off on the job! :) j/k...

I was at work and someone came in to discuss business while those were closing and I wasn't able to get my bids in... don't you hate it when work gets in the way of slacking off on the job! :) j/k...

May I recommend JustSnipe to do your bidding?

May I recommend JustSnipe to do your bidding?

Thanks Alex!

I don't bid often and am the type who usually puts in my general best offer bids way before an auction closes, and then maybe finds the time to check in on the status if I'm outbid as it closes. I'm sort of impulsive in that way and at the same time don't really bid and buy much, so never used sniping systems before, but will look into it out of curiosity on how it works.

I do like, in a way, getting caught up in bidding wars, even when I'm on the losing end, it's sort of an adrenaline rush, with live auctions like on ComicLink and Heritage. I sometimes find equal pleasure in defeats, even when in that bridesmaid position as the runner up top bidder, since that psychologically frees up funds for the next purchase, almost feeling like a cost savings bonus.

I understand. I like using JustSnipe. I place my max bid and see how it turns out. I hate doing the max earlier because people will step it up bit by bit. This way i win or I don't and I'm not giving them the opportunity to jack up the price.

Also actively looking for PAGE ONE from MICRONAUTS # 9 :

j7DwDp2.jpg

An unusual circumstance where I happen to own the original pencils for the Color Overlays (posted below) but don't know where the original page art is at. Would dearly love to re-unite them with their parent page.

BQkFjDN.jpg

Edited by thethedew

Hi guys,

33u9yds.jpg

galschwart@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gal

Bumpty bump...

Hi guys,

33u9yds.jpg

galschwart@gmail.com

Thanks,

Gal

Bumpty bump...

It may take more than 48 hours to find this months grail (shrug)

Hi guys I'm looking for

BATMAN

Artists: Riley Rossmo penciller

Issue: 52

Page: 8

Media Type: Pencil and Ink

Art Type: Interior Page

Love to buy this page because it made me laugh! And cool.

Dan

Hi guys I'm looking for

BATMAN

Dan

I believe the entire issue was sold to one person, so I'm not sure you'll have too much luck getting the one page from them sadly :(

I am trying to find the tweet but I think Felix mentioned it at some point that it all sold as one issue.

Since I've managed to blow my whole, I'm not buying any art in 2016 goal as posted in that thread...

36380-5255-40630-1-shadows-fall.jpg

Wondering if anyone's ever seen this piece by John Van Fleet? He and Chiarello are on my list of artists I've been on the lookout for since the 90s, but I haven't spotted the right work to make me want to buy it. They made shockingly little actually. Would dig having a crack at that Shadows Fall cover from Van Fleet though!

Hi guys I'm looking for

BATMAN

Dan

I believe the entire issue was sold to one person, so I'm not sure you'll have too much luck getting the one page from them sadly :(

I am trying to find the tweet but I think Felix mentioned it at some point that it all sold as one issue.

Indeed, I can confirm that all of Riley's pages from that issue were sold complete, as a set. Extremely unlikely that it will get broken up any time soon. Sorry!

Outside of my Alan Moore Top Ten fascination, and Alpha Flight #12, My big "where are they's" for several years have been these five Flash covers from the late 70's:

6341-1.jpg

6344.jpg

6343.jpg

6348.jpg

6349.jpg

Edit: actually I believe Mike Burkey had this last one for sale in 2013 for 4k, but I had been wiped out getting something else just a month before.

Edited by Flambit