• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
30 30

6,230 posts in this topic

eBay Fraud watch:

I just sold this book to a boardie- has not even shipped yet. This is a scam:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-Comics-5-1940-/331980093103?hash=item4d4b8e36af:g:SkwAAOSw8w1X5X76

Nice catch Rick :applause:

Thought I'd 'borrow' these from the FH thread. Unfortunately none are mine but they are such great examples of what is arguably the prettiest and most colorful planet book :cloud9:

I received this one a few days ago.

2hrhkw9.jpg

Not nearly as nice as Jimbo's copy or Rick's!

Here is my CGC 5.0.

Very hard book to find in higher grade.

PlanetComics65CGC50_zps9a27d0c4.jpg

Can I play too? :D

Planet_65_zps4e28c4f3.jpg

Nice copies guys. Any wear shows up so easily, that any copy that is relatively unmarred is a keeper, regardless of the technical grade. It still puzzles me that it is so much tougher than most other later issues to find in grade. Or maybe its because the aesthetically pleasing 'sleeping beauty' cover stands out, and even non-Planeteers keep their copies? I've never heard a satisfactory explanation.

PlanetComics6585_zps901cd002.jpg

My favorite two covers in the hobby are Phantom Lady 18 and Planet 65. So, this is one book, even before I was into golden age stuff I was always looking for. I've had 8 copies over the years and this is the best I've been able to do. It is like a 8.0-8.5 (unpressed- would press a little better due to a small non color crease on back cover corner. BUT it has a 3/8" bottom split and a little piece out of upper corner of back cover, bringing it down to the 5.0-5.5 range probably. Still, I like it. One day I will send it in for evaluation since I still have extra reading copies.

3931A760-8C54-460C-B0FE-45D4AB94D691_zpso5ddyjjy.jpg

313D55F9-C17C-47A8-BDFB-F4AB266139A5_zpshtaeaol7.jpg

I know some of you are pretty serious about your Planet runs...... thought I 'd point out that our very own Rich Evans of www.bedrockcity.com just listed a nice blue label CGC 6,5 copy of Planet Comics # 1 on his site..... not the easiest book to find in a solid mid grade..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I know some of you are pretty serious about your Planet runs...... thought I 'd point out that our very own Rich Evans of www.bedrockcity.com just listed a nice blue label CGC 6,5 copy of Planet Comics # 1 on his site..... not the easiest book to find in a solid mid grade..... GOD BLESS...

Are you on commission? :baiting:

lol

...na............ just like Rich and thought the book looked like a good short term goal for a focused collector. GOD BLESS...

Don't believe a word, Grantley! - Jimbo is definitely on a commission.

And I want one.

lol

...na............ just like Rich and thought the book looked like a good short term goal for a focused collector. GOD BLESS...

Just checked it out,nice book indeed :)