• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

Love the Trimpe OA !

So far I've got:

NYX #3 CGC 9.6

NYX #4

NYX #5 (2)

X-23 #1 (2010)

X-23 #1 Women of Marvel One-Shot

All-New Wolverine #1

Think I have all of these also. Need to check if I have NYC #5. My NYC #3 is only a 9.4 (I think it would actually press better, may have someone look at that). My NYC #4 and Women of marvel are currently out to be graded. I do have both of her original solo series complete, and the current one complete. Two other issues to look for are Uncanny X-Men 450 and 451, 1st X-book appearance and first interaction with Wolverine.

I picked up my NYC #3 about 8 months ago for $200, just before the market really spiked.

Edited by drotto

Love the Trimpe OA !

So far I've got:

NYX #3 CGC 9.6

NYX #4

NYX #5 (2)

X-23 #1 (2010)

All-New Wolverine #1

Think I have all of these also. Need to check if I have NYC #5. My NYC #3 is only a 9.4 (I think it would actually press better, may have someone look at that). My NYC #4 and Women of marvel are currently out to be graded. I do have both of her original solo series complete, and the current one complete. Two other issues to look for are Uncanny X-Men 450 and 451, 1st X-book appearance and first interaction with Wolverine.

I picked up my NYC #3 about 8 months ago for $200, just before the market really spiked.

I decided to pass on the first two series to assemble the Liu 2010 series (much bigger fan of the art in it). Just picked up 9 books incl. a second #1 for less than cover.

Very well done sir, and I hear you ! :D

Loooove each and everyone's contributions so far...

Love the Trimpe OA !

So far I've got:

NYX #3 CGC 9.6

NYX #4

NYX #5 (2)

X-23 #1 (2010)

All-New Wolverine #1

I decided to pass on the first two series to assemble the Liu 2010 series (much bigger fan of the art in it). Just picked up 9 books incl. a second #1 for less than cover.

Fairly sure I have the complete Liu series also. I have so many long boxes in the basement at this point, I have lost track of things.

Of all the more recent Marvel characters, X-23 just seems to have the most room to really explode, especially since to this point her popularity is based on slow growth in comics rather than on wider media hype. If she ever gets a confirmed movie announcement, or better yet a solo flick, some of these books will become unattainable.

Edited by drotto

I've been kinda regretting selling my NYX 4 recently. I pulled down my 9.6 NYX 3 because I wasn't getting the price I wanted for it, and I'm kinda glad I did. Still bummed at dumping my other 9.6 NYX 3 like 1 month before the All New Wolverine announcement though. Prices doubled overnight.

This is from a local artist here in Houston. His name is Ash Gonzales. This is Summer Glau as X-23....the plan is to have her sign at Alamo City in October. I was skeptical, at first, but I can't deny that it turned pretty sweet.

2DE06DEA-1C2E-44E2-9309-CC2C3EE36A10_zpsusz3ojyr.jpg

Before I read the description I was like man does that look a lot like the girl that Howard hits on in the train of Big Bang Theory, and then when I googled who Summer Glau was, I was right :acclaim:

He did a great job.

Jim

Love the Trimpe OA !

So far I've got:

NYX #3 CGC 9.6

NYX #4

NYX #5 (2)

X-23 #1 (2010)

All-New Wolverine #1

Fairly sure I have the complete Liu series also. I have so many long boxes in the basement at this point, I have lost track of things.

Of all the more recent Marvel characters, X-23 just seems to have the most room to really explode, especially since to this point her popularity is based on slow growth in comics rather than on wider media hype. If she ever gets a confirmed movie announcement, or better yet a solo flick, some of these books will become unattainable.

Damned good point about the growth. Way more Deadpool than Ultron, that's for sure.

I've been kinda regretting selling my NYX 4 recently. I pulled down my 9.6 NYX 3 because I wasn't getting the price I wanted for it, and I'm kinda glad I did. Still bummed at dumping my other 9.6 NYX 3 like 1 month before the All New Wolverine announcement though. Prices doubled overnight.

This is what you get for selling your comics. :baiting: jk, just go out in the wild and try to find more!

Managed to buy 3 copies of the Uncanny X Men #451 Marvel Legends reprint this week... first I found the X 23 action figure at a pawn shop in Augusta for $18, then I bought a mid grade lower priced copy on eBay almost immediately afterwards, then the next day I found one in a dollar box at 2nC. And I thought this was a book I wouldn't be able to find outside of a premium.

A third of the way through the Liu 2010 series (the longer one) and Really digging it... geeeeez is Miss Sinister hot -- and they gave her some real big assets, if you get my drift. :D

At the point where Sana Takeda has taken over the penciling; I think her style works better for Monstress, but all good.

A third of the way through the Liu 2010 series (the longer one) and Really digging it... geeeeez is Miss Sinister hot -- and they gave her some real big assets, if you get my drift. :D

At the point where Sana Takeda has taken over the penciling; I think her style works better for Monstress, but all good.

Didn't even know there was a Miss Sinister. She hasn't been used a lot, but there are some good cosplay of her.

Didn't even know there was a Miss Sinister. She hasn't been used a lot, but there are some good cosplay of her.

I actually own her first reveal page. Needless to say I wish she had been used more. :P The lower image is a patch that was inserted over the original. The editor requested that Eaton redraw her face looking at the reader.legacy214.jpg

Well, I think based on this article in The Wrap and this quote:

Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

It's pretty clear that they're definitely bringing in X-23 for Wolverine 3

..thus endeth the pump and dump (of Daken). lol

-J.

Might be that Daken still ends up also in it, as one of the children that are

We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines.

and is still part of the program or something & ends up one of the bad guys.

..thus endeth the pump and dump (of Daken). lol

-J.

Might be that Daken still ends up also in it, as one of the children that are

We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines.

and is still part of the program or something & ends up one of the bad guys.

Anything is possible but that veers off into speculation territory again (and I doubt that's what happens).

The "two claw female child mutant" , on the other hand , is a fairly spot-on description of Laura, and it sounds like she is being grooomed by Wolvie, to take over the mantle as others have predicted for a while.

-J.