• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

Standing in a LC store listening to the covers being ripped off the books for these returns is depressing. Thousands of books hitting the dumpsters across the country :( .Seems like, in this day and age, that recycling, or maybe some form of donation after some kind of marking, should be done with these books

They used to mark through the price with a red marker or pen and then donate them. I remember finding an X-men #94 and some issues in the #130's at a used bookstore that were marked in that fashion. Definitely makes more sense than just tearing them up imo.

Septmber 2016

Books of interest to me.

Batman and All Star Batman held the top 3 slots.

The Walking Dead (#158) came in at 6th place but is a top 5 title as Batman had 2 issues last month. Proof that a great story doesn't need renumbering.

Seven to Eternity 1 - 32,790

Black Hammer 3 - 13,656

Black Eyed Kids 6 - 2,831...proof that sometimes a good story goes unnoticed. :sorry:

Wow. There is less than a 6,000 difference in sales for Amazing Spider-man #18 (71,159) over Spider-Man Deadpool #9 (65,502). I wonder if SMDP can overtake ASM in a few months as the top Spider-book?

I believe they have to return the cover to get the refund, rest goes in the trash

They could donate coverless comics somewhere too. Just as readable.

True, it's work and I don't know who will take them. It's not like we have a lot of youth centers where kids can hang out and school libraries probably won't accept them. Maybe prisons.

Wow. There is less than a 6,000 difference in sales for Amazing Spider-man #18 (71,159) over Spider-Man Deadpool #9 (65,502). I wonder if SMDP can overtake ASM in a few months as the top Spider-book?

Wouldnt surprise me, SMDP is a great book. I dropped ASM at issue #4. But that's just me.

Edited by punksdropdirtysrh

Wouldnt surprise me, SMDP is a great book. I dropped ASM at issue #4. But that's just me.

Agreed, SMDP echoes what Spidey was in the past. Fun and funny. Issue #9 probably got a little boost by the intro of a new character.

PS: Alex Ross was a wonderful JLA and JSA artist but ASM is not him imo. I enjoyed his DC covers much, much more than those he has done for any other company. 2c

Who would have thought an ordinary issue of Superman would outsell a normal issue of Spider-Man?

Based on how Spidey has been written since the early 90s, it does not surprise me at all.........

Who would have thought an ordinary issue of Superman would outsell a normal issue of Spider-Man?

Based on how Spidey has been written since the early 90s, it does not surprise me at all.........

Unfortunately I have to agree with this :cry:

I still have ASM on my pull list but it's barely readable.

I really can't stand Slott on this series!!

50 years of Peter struggling and down on his luck has turned into him being a billionaire.

This series has lost it's way and it makes me very sad.

Time to get back to basics and return Peter/Spidey to the great character that Stan created.

Wow, Marvel got decimated in September. I hate to admit it, and have always favored Marvel, but DC has been better lately. What really make me sad is just how low the X-Men titles have gone. Uncanny use to be in the top five always when I started reading. X-Men is what got me into comics, so this make me very sad.

I just axed over half of my Marvel titles. Image has been winning a lot more of my business lately.

Yeah, I throw alot of my biz to Image, and I grew up a Marvel guy. Marvel needs to shuffle the deck somehow and bring readers back.

Edited by Paladin

Another Marvel guy here but I've dropped all of my Marvel superhero titles. In the last reboot I tried Iron Man, All-New All-Different Avengers, Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man. Iron Man has been ok. Spider-Man was decent but I didn't stick with it long. Avengers and Amazing were bleh. Peter Parker is more like Tony Stark than Peter Parker.

In my opinion Marvel has completely lost its way. This new Marvel Now initiative does not look like it is going to be any better either.

Normally I'm not in favor of reboots but I think Marvel needs a BIG one. Go back in time with each of your major characters and reboot them to when they were at their best. Make Reed Richards responsible for it. He's been busy universe building and all that. The bigger reboot that they need is with the people in charge. Sorry, but these guys need to go.

In the meantime I'm sticking with the Batman related DC titles and Star Wars. Well I am on for Thanos but it isn't written by Starlin so I probably won't care for it much. Oh, I'm on for Reborn as well.

Wow, Marvel got decimated in September. I hate to admit it, and have always favored Marvel, but DC has been better lately. What really make me sad is just how low the X-Men titles have gone. Uncanny use to be in the top five always when I started reading. X-Men is what got me into comics, so this make me very sad.

I completely agree. My brother and I started with X-men and Teen Titans.

Marvel is all over the X-men because they don't own the rights. It is really sad the X-men are so sacred to me it makes me sick what Marvel has done to them.