• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Well I just dipped my toes on these two off a boardie.

c8916b116a9cccbe5dd81ffbc586cd910e78e36f.jpeg

48b3698a143a6d809518cef2b6c3524cf5b54360.jpeg

I bought issue #3 first on impulse because I really liked the cover. There are a few more in the run I plan on adding over time.

Not a big crime fan but some of those covers.... :cloud9:

I love this title but I'm always the under bidder when they show up. I missed the 8.5 copy of 4 by $5 about 10 years ago.

This is the only one I have.

cm7_zpsceb27d7c.jpg

I believe Flex owns that copy now... I've been trying to get him to sell, but no go (and I don't blame him at all). :sumo:

15 is a fairly desirable issue as well, classic acid in the face cover, but I think that one is more easily found than 4. My low grade copy will have to suffice. :cry:

Flex sold it to Mrillmannered about a year or so ago. It's locked up tight in his vault now. I tried to pry a book out of his hands recently and threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and he still couldn't let it go lol

Haha sorry man!! You did send over a very fair offer though for sure.

This is an easy book to overlook unless you know that, lurking inside, is one of the finest horror/sci-fi stories ever! :applause:

Mystic%206.jpg

Happy to add this to the collection, from 1946. One of the early precursors to the horror books with some humor but still horror related. Also some early zombie references too.

Spook%20Comics%20%201_zpsuychdvrn.jpg

I like that one. If not for the ghoulies in the background, you might link that "Mr. Lucifer" wasn't such a bad guy. He almost looks benevolent!

Latest in my Ghost Comics run.

2016-09-27-0001_zpsno5xfsbv.jpg

Very nice! Love that cover.

Edited by Vorpal

Happy to add this to the collection, from 1946. One of the early precursors to the horror books with some humor but still horror related. Also some early zombie references too.

Spook%20Comics%20%201_zpsuychdvrn.jpg

Did you win this off Ebay recently? If so, I am quite angry with you because I walked away from my computer for some ridiculous reason and forgot to bid...walked back just in time to see it end.