• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been 60 YEARS...show us your books from 1956!
1 1

273 posts in this topic

The one I sold to Andy was the "one that got away"...... it had a light date stamp and super pages....... Bunky has a stunning mid grade on his site..... it was mine once, as well..... and drips gloss..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I pulled it along with a Spellbound #32 from a stack that hadn’t been priced yet last week. Didn’t have the dough for both and since I prefer the horror/fantasy to the humor titles, went home with the Spellbound. However, thoughts of Barney continued to haunt me through the week, culminating in a dream last night in which I went back to buy it and found it marked down to $9 as well as just one copy of several that were in stock. I took this as a sign to hustle my down there before it sold.

I think they can be tough to come by. All Severin stories except for one, and Barker is like a cross between Phil Silvers and Stan Lee.

I pulled it along with a Spellbound #32 from a stack that hadn’t been priced yet last week. Didn’t have the dough for both and since I prefer the horror/fantasy to the humor titles, went home with the Spellbound. However, thoughts of Barney continued to haunt me through the week, culminating in a dream last night in which I went back to buy it and found it marked down to $9 as well as just one copy of several that were in stock. I took this as a sign to hustle my down there before it sold.

I think they can be tough to come by. All Severin stories except for one, and Barker is like a cross between Phil Silvers and Stan Lee.

It's a scarce title, no question.

Colletta really hitting his stride in '56. Strong inking - as always.

My wife really really loves the Lovers 81 - out of all the romance I've had this is her fave. Vinnie C was outstanding at portraying with ease the joyous nature of relationship. Basically a happy guy, larger than life but not in a Steranko way. He really dug women, and it shows.

Lovers77f_zpsn94sgsxo.jpg

Lovers78fc_zpsew51uxwp.jpg

Loves81fc101_zps3b8a7708.jpg