• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

currently around 7,000 books. plus another 100 slabbed graded books. All X-Men and related

I have 8 four-drawer custom file cabinets. Divided in half to fit comic size books. I got the idea from the ones used by a local comic shop, and had a custom cabinet company make them for me.

I slimmed down my collection about 8 years ago, and decided to concentrate on ONLY X-men and related titles. < used to have various Fantastic Four / Avengers / Spider-Man books, >

So with exception of Original 67 issues of X-Men ( I do have some, but not all ) I have nearly every X-Title, cross over / one shot / limited series / and variant cover made

I had over 60,000 comics by the mid-1980's and have sold several thousand over the years at shows, CBG and Ebay. I kept my key books and long runs of Marvel and DC. I'm slowly entering them into Comic Base. I haven't done a full inventory since 1979. Currently I've catalogued over 3500 and just pulled another 1200 books to enter with at least another 2500-3000 books (low estimate) to follow. It's a blast to see long boxes of comics I haven't looked at since the early 1980's. Just found a nice run of Silver Age Sub-Mariner in higher grade (VF-NM) (almost complete). Just finished a pile of ACG comics in lower grade (a guilty pleasure) Unknown Worlds, Adventures into the Unknown, etc.

I had over 60,000 comics by the mid-1980's and have sold several thousand over the years at shows, CBG and Ebay. I kept my key books and long runs of Marvel and DC. I'm slowly entering them into Comic Base. I haven't done a full inventory since 1979. Currently I've catalogued over 3500 and just pulled another 1200 books to enter with at least another 2500-3000 books (low estimate) to follow. It's a blast to see long boxes of comics I haven't looked at since the early 1980's. Just found a nice run of Silver Age Sub-Mariner in higher grade (VF-NM) (almost complete). Just finished a pile of ACG comics in lower grade (a guilty pleasure) Unknown Worlds, Adventures into the Unknown, etc.

Nice :applause:

I have 18 books currently all considered keys (mainly 4 figure plus low grade 1st appearances and classic covers from the GA and mid grade early SA). I recently got back into collecting after only really having a small box of books back when I was a little one, 5-10 years old. The movie popularity over the past 5 years and finding this place a couple years ago really struck a chord and got me into the hobby again.

My focus is going to keep upgrading and maintain the collection at or below 30 books at any one time all CGC graded and liquid.

The size of some of your collections is insane!

I have about 3000 that I sell at shows and of course the love of my life Spidey! There is about 2000 of his every appearance with only AF15 Amazing 1, 2, 5 ,6,14, 16, 17 to go. The rest are Tomb of Dracula Werewolf by night less 32 The Frankenstein monster sets about 140 issues that makes it 5140 and 2140 my pride and joy.

.....started collecting couple of months ago. Upto about 500. Mainly ASM and Avengers plus a few complete (almost) collections. I'm trying to finish Kull the Conqueror.

I thought I'd buy n sell. Not sold one yet. Just keep buying....need to slow down on the purchases. lol

About 6000 raw and 100 slabbed

4250 total books, and growing (although not nearly fast enough)

Awwwwww! That's so cute. :applause:

Yeah Yeah I know compared to some of the totals I have seen in this thread, my collection is insignificant. My wife, however, would disagree with that assessment. I can only imagine how she will be when I make it to the 10000+ range!!

:roflmao:

Did you have your books before you were married?

I tell my wife if she doesn't like it,there's the door.I had em before her,and I'll have em after her. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Check out the website Comic Spectrum. A gentleman named Bob Bretall currently holds the Guiness World Record for having a personal collection of over 102,000 different comic books. I would post a link, but my computer skills are stuck back in the 1970s.