• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

Hey guys, have a question about a possible probation issue.

I'm running a cast signed Force Awakens opp. We were looking to have Ford, Hamill, Driver, Fisher, Mayhew, Daniels, and Baker plus we are looking at adding about 5-6 others. Baker passed away...but 1) he actually is NOT in the cast of Force Awakens. Jimmy Vee played R2 in this movie and 2) when dealing in the cast book, it's still a cast book,

We already have money into the books and someone ordered one and since Baker can't sign they asked about backing out. I told them that the books have been started and it was a non-refundable deposit and the above issue with Baker vs Vee and he said ok.

Then out of nowhere over a week later he opens a case with Paypal that the item isn't as described. Paypal sided with me. Then he open a non-received case and because I can't provide tracking since the book won't be done until Jan and Paypal sided with him.

As I've already gotten money into this, he didn't have a problem when he first contacted me, is this something that should go on the probation list?

Was there a description you can provide?

Did you have a written return policy?

How long did this take?

You must have a return policy to sell here and the general rule is transactions must be completed within 30 days.

I'm running a cast signed Force Awakens opp. We were looking to have Ford, Hamill, Driver, Fisher, Mayhew, Daniels, and Baker plus we are looking at adding about 5-6 others. Baker passed away...but 1) he actually is NOT in the cast of Force Awakens. Jimmy Vee played R2 in this movie and 2) when dealing in the cast book, it's still a cast book,

We already have money into the books and someone ordered one and since Baker can't sign they asked about backing out. I told them that the books have been started and it was a non-refundable deposit and the above issue with Baker vs Vee and he said ok.

Then out of nowhere over a week later he opens a case with Paypal that the item isn't as described. Paypal sided with me. Then he open a non-received case and because I can't provide tracking since the book won't be done until Jan and Paypal sided with him.

As I've already gotten money into this, he didn't have a problem when he first contacted me, is this something that should go on the probation list?

How long did this take?

You must have a return policy to sell here and the general rule is transactions must be completed within 30 days.

That has never been the case for SS opportunities (and blue label pre-sales for that matter).

There are plenty of times where you're waiting months for the signing to take place and then months for CGC to grade the book - heck, even with fast track, I'm not even sure you can get a modern book back from CGC in less than 30 days right now.

How long did this take?

That has never been the case for SS opportunities (and blue label pre-sales for that matter).

There are plenty of times where you're waiting months for the signing to take place and then months for CGC to grade the book - heck, even with fast track, I'm not even sure you can get a modern book back from CGC in less than 30 days right now.

I think he is citing the 30 day rule as meaning (and the purpose of the rule is) that one must allow 30 days in which to attempt to complete a transaction before it is actionable in the PL forum.

I should add that given the narrative, the 30 day rule would not apply here in any case as the buyer appears determined to void the transaction.

Whether this is PL worthy is still an open question, I am assuming the seller is determined that the buyer should complete the transaction? Or surrender the deposit?

Not sure what the original thread looked like, but going forward some disclaimer about artists backing out (or not available for whatever reason) might be a good idea.

I am not sure if there was a thread, I cannot find it, if someone can please post the link. Perhaps this was done via PM or email? For me I would need more details of the original terms and the timeline of the action.

How long did this take?

Then maybe like the junk donkeys they should take their problems elsewhere

In the absence of any agreement then returns would be determined by the terms of the payer agent.

PayPal says 6 months or something like that

If a seller uses PayPal and does not offer any other terms then that seems like agreement with the terms of service from PP

I think the buyer is being foolish.

Ford is the toughest signature out of all of them. If you can get Ford on the book with Hamill and Fisher and THEN throw on the rest... I think you are already set.

I am not recommending this user for the probation list, but I am however really concerned about his well-being. The board member known as followtheleader purchased a Promethea book off me recently. It has been days now and he hasn't responded nor has he read the message.I hope he is ok, he knows the rules, and he has over 7,000 posts, and his post pattern is almost daily. If anyone knows this boardie please post an update.

Thank you

-Rich

Could a moderator get the above message out there? Something is not right.....

This is not what mods do. They have no say in regards to the PL or HOS.

You might want to ask in general discussions, you are in the proper forum for this type of question.

Patience is key

I am not recommending this user for the probation list, but I am however really concerned about his well-being. The board member known as followtheleader purchased a Promethea book off me recently. It has been days now and he hasn't responded nor has he read the message.I hope he is ok, he knows the rules, and he has over 7,000 posts, and his post pattern is almost daily. If anyone knows this boardie please post an update.

Thank you

-Rich

How many days exactly has it been since last contact or post?

Thank you

-Rich

How many days exactly has it been since last contact or post?

The :takeit: was put up on the 20th. The buyer posted several times yesterday. This convo should probably be moved to the General Discussion thread. Edited by steveinthecity

Thank you

-Rich

He is long term boardie on here with several 100 buys you will hear from him soon I would think.

Just send him another message.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Thank you

-Rich

If you were actually concerned about his well being then why, of all places on the forum, would you post your concern in the Probation Thread? You want to put pressure on someone to complete a sale, or call them out on not being responsive, fine. But don't pretend your post is about checking on someone's well being. Just does not come across as sincere in any way. Just saying.

Thank you

-Rich

If you were actually concerned about his well being then why, of all places on the forum, would you post your concern in the Probation Thread? You want to put pressure on someone to complete a sale, or call them out on not being responsive, fine. But don't pretend your post is about checking on someone's well being. Just does not come across as sincere in any way. Just saying.

Or it might just be that he posted here without much reflecting. Why do you have to presuppose insincerity?

Thank you

-Rich

Or it might just be that he posted here without much reflecting. Why do you have to presuppose insincerity?

Because he sought out the probation thread to post in. He clearly knows what the probation thread is because he began his post with the caveat that he is not nominating him for probation.