• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
22 22

4,777 posts in this topic

Barton other books that taunt me are Thor #206, Subby annual #2 (a 9.8 just sold in the marketplace :cry:) and FF#120 I am convinced will not produce a new 9.8 again.

I slept through that Subby Annual too. Argh. It's a great copy. That thread had all sorts of goodies. I'd be happy with a well-centered 9.6 FF #120. My copy isn't the prettiest book in my collection.

Astonishing Tales #12 and Fear #11 have been elusive for me in 9.6 even though there are some out there. And I've never been able to find a 9.4 Where Monsters Dwell #14.

Beyond that, it's mostly kids, humor, romance, and reprint titles that fill up my want list. When I'm on my death bed, I'm going to curse Millie the Model.

Amazing how that Subby Annual 2 slipped by everyone here.

Considering that the book sold right here, I suspect it didn't slip by everyone.

I was able to acquire two of the other picture frame books from John/Beachcomber, and it was hard to resist not buying even more.

Barton, you are the only one I know that has 2 incredible copies of these extremely tough books.

Not anymore. I sold off all the Subby and Iron Man undercopies. I think the only Picture Frame where I still own two really sharp copies is Rawhide Kid #93.

I am focusing on squarebounds right now. I need a copy of RK 93 :cry:

Edited by djpinkpanther67

Barton other books that taunt me are Thor #206, Subby annual #2 (a 9.8 just sold in the marketplace :cry:) and FF#120 I am convinced will not produce a new 9.8 again.

I slept through that Subby Annual too. Argh. It's a great copy. That thread had all sorts of goodies. I'd be happy with a well-centered 9.6 FF #120. My copy isn't the prettiest book in my collection.

Astonishing Tales #12 and Fear #11 have been elusive for me in 9.6 even though there are some out there. And I've never been able to find a 9.4 Where Monsters Dwell #14.

Beyond that, it's mostly kids, humor, romance, and reprint titles that fill up my want list. When I'm on my death bed, I'm going to curse Millie the Model.

Amazing how that Subby Annual 2 slipped by everyone here. A book that presents a challenge for a superhero title. Best I could manage so far is a 9.0 copy of this book. DD Annual 3 is another one that I never see in 9.0 or higher grades. Was happy to find the Western Penn Copy after missing the Christies Copy on Worldwide Comics years ago. Barton, you are the only one I know that has 2 incredible copies of these extremely tough books.

If I saw it I would have BIN'd it without hesitation but it already sold.

Barton, you are the only one I know that has 2 incredible copies of these extremely tough books.

Not anymore. I sold off all the Subby and Iron Man undercopies. I think the only Picture Frame where I still own two really sharp copies is Rawhide Kid #93.

Still, there was a time...

I started with the squarebounds then the addiction grew to harder stuff.

Some of the squarebounds are a real challenge as you probably know. My Love #14, Special Marvel Edition #4, most of the Westerns, and Marvel's Greatest Comics #34 can taunt you for years.

Some of the squarebounds are a real challenge as you probably know. My Love #14, Special Marvel Edition #4, most of the Westerns, and Marvel's Greatest Comics #34 can taunt you for years.

I already know...sigh

Marvel Tales 33 is another one...

Here's a list of all the 25¢ Picture Frames, sorted from toughest to easiest in 9.4 or better.

There are no 9.4 or better copies of Special Marvel Edition #4. But there are 7 9.2s.

There are no 9.6 or better copies of My Love #14, Mighty Marvel Western #16, or Marvel Tales #33

No 9.8s for 10 out of 31 books.

Daredevil Annual #3 is the scarcest hero book in 9.4 or better.

0LUB8Z.jpg

Here's a list of all the 25¢ Picture Frames, sorted from toughest to easiest in 9.4 or better.

There are no 9.4 or better copies of Special Marvel Edition #4. But there are 7 9.2s.

There are no 9.6 or better copies of My Love #14, Mighty Marvel Western #16, or Marvel Tales #33

0LUB8Z.jpg

The 25 cent PFs are my favorite Marvels. These Marvel Comics Group books are special. They were the beginning of the period where Marvel would surpass DC in sales for the first time in comic book history. This list shows us just how tough a number of them are to find in high grade.

The easier superhero books draw a collector into believing that s/he can put this set together in high grade quickly until the westerns, reprints, some annuals, and My Love 14 are sought. That's when the real challenge begins and the interest to start collecting all the picture frames in high grade. Millie the Model scared me from taking up the bigger challenge. Only one collector is a few feet from the summit of what I call the highest of the Bronze Age Peaks. There's no bigger achievement in Bronze Age collecting (sorry DC 100 Page collectors).

0LUB8Z.jpg

Thanks for the list Barton. I can hardly wait for the ensuing difficulty lol

0LUB8Z.jpg

Thanks for the list Barton. I can hardly wait for the ensuing difficulty lol

I look at it this way: about half the books are pretty easy to find in high grade. The rest are either pretty tough, very tough, or almost impossible.

More from the Department of Useless Information (with thanks to CGCdata.com and a sortable Excel file):

No copies in 9.0 or better:

Millie the Model #194

Millie the Model #195

Millie the Model #197

Millie the Model #198

My Love #20

1 copy in 9.0 or better:

Chili #18

Chili #19

Chili #20

Harvey #3

Harvey #5

Harvey #6

Li'l Kids# 4

Li'l Kids #5

Li'l Kids #6

Millie the Model #196

Millie the Model #199

Our Love Story #20

Rawhide Kid 103

Ringo Kid #13

Ringo Kid #15

Special Marvel Edition #6

Two-Gun Kid #102

2 copies in 9.0 or better:

Li'l Kids #9

Li'l Pals #2

Marvel Tales #40

Marvel's Greatest Comics #39

Mighty Marvel Western #20

My Love #16

My Love #18

My Love #19

Our Love Story #14

Our Love Story #17

Our Love Story #18

Our Love Story #19

Western Kid #5

Rawhide Kid #94

Rawhide Kid #99

Rawhide Kid #105

Ringo Kid #14

Two-Gun Kid #101

Two-Gun Kid #103

Two-Gun Kid #107

Most Total Submissions:

Marvel Spotlight #5 - 1,553

Hero For Hire #1 - 1,204

Tomb of Dracula #1 - 1,071

Defenders #1 - 892

Amazing Spider-Man #102 - 746

Fewest Submissions (all with one each):

Rawhide Kid #103

Two-Gun Kid #102

Millie the Model #194

Millie the Model #197

Millie the Model #198

My Love #20

Harvey #3

Harvey #5

Li'l Kids #4

Millie the Model #199

Our Love Story #20

Chili #18

Chili #20

Harvey #6

Li'l Kids #6

Ringo Kid #13

Ringo Kid #15

Special Marvel Edition #6

Most Common in 9.8:

Amazing Spider-Man #105 - 48 copies

Avengers #98 - 40 copies

Fantastic Four #121 - 38 copies

Tomb of Dracula #1 - 37 copies

Avengers #102 - 36 copies

Thor #202 - 36 copies

Marvel Premiere #2 - 34 copies

Thor #199 - 33 copies

Avengers #100 - 31 copies

Amazing Spider-Man #107 -31 copies

Monsters on the Prowl #16 - 31 copies

(8 of the 11 books have mainly white covers)

General Futility:

Of the 388 PF books, 130 don't have single 9.8 or better in the census.

Of the 388 PF books, 48 don't have single 9.6 or better in the census.

Of the 388 PF books, 15 don't have single 9.4 or better in the census.

General Insanity:

There are 4 Universal 0.5 books in the census:

Fantastic Four #128

Iron Man #51

Marvel Spotlight #5

Marvel Team-Up #3

More from the Department of Useless Information (with thanks to CGCdata.com and a sortable Excel file):

General Insanity:

Fantastic Four #128

Iron Man #51

Marvel Spotligt #5

Marvel Team-Up #3

Note to self:

Always page count lol

Of the 388 PF books, 130 don't have single 9.8 or better in the census - this is quite shocking to be honest. :o

It's mostly the usual suspects - kids, humor, Westerns, reprint titles. But these are some of the surprising books without 9.8s:

Avengers #103

Avengers #105

Captain Marvel #22

Incredible Hulk #158

Iron Man #44

Marvel Feature #6

Marvel Premiere #5

Marvel Spotlight #2

Sub-Mariner #43

X-Men #76

General Insanity:

Fantastic Four #128

Iron Man #51

Marvel Spotligt #5

Marvel Team-Up #3

Note to self:

Always page count lol

Ah, I was wondering how that happens.