• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

I've resisted taking the plunge with these GGAish Timely books for such a long time, but this Willie #8 was an impulse buy that really hits the sweet spot. Love the rendering of the cute pirate girl, the cool/unusual color scheme, and the lack of word balloons and clutter on the cover.

zwxe86.jpg

I've resisted taking the plunge with these GGAish Timely books for such a long time, but this Willie #8 was an impulse buy that really hits the sweet spot. Love the rendering of the cute pirate girl, the cool/unusual color scheme, and the lack of word balloons and clutter on the cover.

zwxe86.jpg

I like it (thumbs u

zwxe86.jpg

:applause: Nice looking copy (another book on the want list).

Never seen this one before and I'm a big fan of the "uncluttered" look.

zwxe86.jpg

Resistance is futile, PF. Welcome to your new addiction! :devil:

And that is a beautiful book with a wonderful cover! (thumbs u

(thumbs u Thanks for the kind words, all.

One odd thing about the cover is that it really doesn't have any cover gloss at all, even though it seems to me to be well-preserved overall. I wonder if it's due to a printing error where the finishing gloss was never laid down. Or is a non-glossy cover normal for these books?

One odd thing about the cover is that it really doesn't have any cover gloss at all, even though it seems to me to be well-preserved overall. I wonder if it's due to a printing error where the finishing gloss was never laid down. Or is a non-glossy cover normal for these books?

Marvel Comics printed during this time were non-glossy. I checked Margie, Venus, and Comedy Comics from the late forties.

Both Timely and Atlas, at different points in time, printed their books with different combinations of cover stock, inks and paper. There are even situations where the same book was printed in both glossy and matte finish.

That issue is typically printed without gloss.

zwxe86.jpg

Real nice one five! These are real habit forming. So many great covers on these Timely/Marvel GGA books. The best thing is that if you are not a nosebleed grade guy, most are all pretty available at decent prices. Great inside in many cases as well. I used to turn up my nose at them but have really discovered how cool many are.

zwxe86.jpg

Great cover and a nice looking copy.

zwxe86.jpg

Love this cover. Why does the girl look so angry? Maybe because the guy has his right hand on her butt and since he's in armor, she can't slap him?

Bet you didn't notice that.

Love this cover. Why does the girl look so angry? Maybe because the guy has his right hand on her butt and since he's in armor, she can't slap him?

Bet you didn't notice that.

But is Willie touching her butt, or reaching for her booty?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! :kidaround:

See what I did there? A little pirate humor...

Kind of thrilled with this one :whee:

SKMBT_C25216090917280_zpsz3pw5w98.jpg

Oh, yeah! Possible that's an unrecognized Church copy? hm

You would think it is a possibility, considering it is a 9.6 White. It is even with the better of the Church copies for 4.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a Church copy. It's certainly the most breathtaking copy in existence! (thumbs u