• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

Nope, seller apparently reneged.

In other news....

This is a classic example of why you should not end an auction early.

Left a lot of money on the table

uhm....that's what didn't honor the sale means

Is this your own practice?

In other news....

nope... but there sure are a lot of entitled whiners on this site.

In other news....

Has nothing to do with entitlement. Completing a transaction is the point. Would the buyer made out like a Bandit? Sure happens every day.

I am sure someone will come along and agree with you eventually.....

In other news....

Has nothing to do with entitlement. Completing a transaction is the point. Would the buyer made out like a Bandit? Sure happens every day.

I am sure someone will come along and agree with you eventually.....

The seller says his wife purchased the five copies at a garage sale! If she listed the five for $300 I'd be interested to know how little she paid for them. I'm sure as these five books sell that the seller will kick back some of the profits back to the person who ran the garage sale. ?

This is in Tennessee, one of the known 35 cent markets.

Ebay closed 8/7/16 http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Star-Wars-Marvel-Comics-1-1977-/142078167279?hash=item211484c8ef:g:dlEAAOSw6n5XpzsE followed by Grade date of 8/15/16 for one copy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-35-Cent-Price-Variant-CGC-Universal-Grade-5-5-/142097868172?hash=item2115b1658c%3Ag%3Au%7E0AAOSwFc5Xv2v6&nma=true&si=ny%252BuZh0lw413aNN%252BiNODbFU9QTk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 . 2016-09-06%2022_50_31-CGC%20Certification%20Verification_zpss1eo5nbj.png

I imagine they had a lucky score, sold cheap on the initial auction and probably had 30 buyers email them within hours offering more. Cancelled sale, taking the neg while original ebay winner leaves a neg for not getting the deal of a lifetime http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=endic_us2014&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=142078167279&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Apologies for horrible formatting!

Why? The buyer paid and completed their end of the transaction. The seller didn't complete his. Lack of research on his part isn't the buyer's fault I would have hit the BIN as well and I am quite sure a boardie here did.

Hoping to scoop something for nothing on eBay is only half the battle.

Waiting to see if actually transpires is the real b_itch.

In this case, it was too good to be true for the buyer and didn't pan out.

A similar thing happened to me when I purchase a $0.35 Star Wars #3 from Koch (New York Dealer) a few years back. I paid and the comic went "missing" in their warehouse so they refunded my money. I feel for the buyer as it is very frustrating. If Koch got a better deal, the least they could do is let me know and give me a chance to counter. You'd be surprised at what I'm willing to pay to add a comic to my collection. :)

On the other hand, I did pick up two Star Wars Philippine comics on eBay last year and the sale did go through. Much rarer than any of the $0.35 price variants and that purchase more than made up for the frustration of the Koch sale falling through. Those Philippine Star Wars comics were not identified in the listing and the seller had no idea about what they were. I told him what they were and made a reasonable offer (paying much more than the asking price - I believe asking was $20 and I gave him $150.)

Retro Foreign: Philippine Alemar's Star Wars #1

Retro Foreign: Philippine Alemar's Star Wars #2

Retro Foreign: Philippine Alemar's Star Wars #3

Maybe it is just me, but I think the seller should at least offer one of the copies to the buyer who won the auction at a reasonable price. Especially since you know the seller didn't pay much for them. Greed can be such an ugly thing.

I should have a Star Wars #4 Philippine edition to show soon. Undoubtedly the rarest of these Philippine Star Wars issues.

Edited by rjrjr

In other news....

1a6oxy.jpg

Integrity is simply not a word that applies very often in many contexts. While I was tempted to not post, lots of little human nature things at play here. The person who got :censored: was the OO at the garage sale, but if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, 'this hobby is founded on that principle." It's not like the big dealers, or you or I created these items, it is simply knowledge that translates to an ability to make $$$. :news: I mean that said, I wish I knew as much about the stock market as I do about comics; brokers don't make anything they sell either, they just make money off of knowledge.

How about the integrity of EBAY? lol:insane::roflmao: I mean another point that has not been brought up is, this transaction takes place on their website, yet they take no action to protect their integrity, why is the seller allowed to reneg and then sell the slabs on EBAY's site?

So all in all this is not exactly shocking, human nature, a bit of greed all the way around and its the lowest common denominator of integrity, or lack there of that wins the day. And honestly, if I'm placed in the position of EBAY, the seller, or the buyer, hard to say what any of us would have done. I sold a HG BA ASM few years back and missed the that it was a double cover doh! sold it right on the boards for around $20, probably worth few hundred in a slab, obviously not the same $$$ differential but, hey I understood that it was my error and no hard feelings to the buyer, well done. :golfclap:

Anyway rantrant over; this book moves me under 25 to go. Solid book, just a bit or ink over spray top left edge.

Kazar1530c.jpg

Integrity is simply not a word that applies very often in many contexts. While I was tempted to not post, lots of little human nature things at play here. The person who got :censored: was the OO at the garage sale, but if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, 'this hobby is founded on that principle." It's not like the big dealers, or you or I created these items, it is simply knowledge that translates to an ability to make $$$. :news: I mean that said, I wish I knew as much about the stock market as I do about comics; brokers don't make anything they sell either, they just make money off of knowledge.

How about the integrity of EBAY? lol:insane::roflmao: I mean another point that has not been brought up is, this transaction takes place on their website, yet they take no action to protect their integrity, why is the seller allowed to reneg and then sell the slabs on EBAY's site?

So all in all this is not exactly shocking, human nature, a bit of greed all the way around and its the lowest common denominator of integrity, or lack there of that wins the day. And honestly, if I'm placed in the position of EBAY, the seller, or the buyer, hard to say what any of us would have done. I sold a HG BA ASM few years back and missed the that it was a double cover doh! sold it right on the boards for around $20, probably worth few hundred in a slab, obviously not the same $$$ differential but, hey I understood that it was my error and no hard feelings to the buyer, well done. :golfclap:

Anyway rantrant over; this book moves me under 25 to go. Solid book, just a bit or ink over spray top left edge.

Kazar1530c.jpg

Nice Ka-Zar! Congrats on under 25. I really like following the posts as everyone keeps chipping away!