• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

Fans, share your thoughts on anything & everything X-23.

First Modern character I've begun collecting, period. And I was a big Moon Knight/Venom/X-Men guy back in the day. I find her story extremely compelling. Really like Marjorie Liu's takes on her.

For me X-23 combines the best aspects of Evangelion's Ayanami Rei and Gaiman's Death. Add a heavy dosage of violence, and stir...

X-23+OS+(kingpin)+pg01.jpg

I have most non-variant X-23 keys, except for NYX #3 as it has been well out of my range since I got back into collecting. Probably the best scores I've found are a NYX #4 for $8 at a local show last year, 2 copies of NYX #5 for a buck a piece, 3 copies of X-23 Women of Marvel 1 shots for a buck a piece, X-23 #1 red cover for 2 bucks, and X-23 Target X #1 Djurdjevic 1:10 variant for $2 a few months ago. Nothing spectacular, but with the prices where they currently are, I'm glad to have found them.

Some that I'd love to see gain traction are Captain Universe X 23, X 23 vol 2 #21 (last issue), and the issue where she joins Avengers Academy.

Frankly, NYX #4 should be getting more love. The cover to NYX #3 could be any girl...no claws. #4 on the other hand, classic, stark, compelling image. No guessing as to who she is.

Last I checked #4 prices were doing pretty well, no? Compared to, say, X-Force #2 (2nd Deadpool)... granted a mass-produced issue.

This is from a local artist here in Houston. His name is Ash Gonzales. This is Summer Glau as X-23....the plan is to have her sign at Alamo City in October. I was skeptical, at first, but I can't deny that it turned pretty sweet.

2DE06DEA-1C2E-44E2-9309-CC2C3EE36A10_zpsusz3ojyr.jpg