• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heads Up on Sales to: 600 Markley Street Port Reading, NJ 07064
2 2

83 posts in this topic

I posted this over in the eBay Blocked Thread but after talking to a USPS Worker in that area I figured I should make it more prominent.

The Short: Sold a $50 Star Wars Lego set on eBay and shipped the item to a confirmed address. I received a message after the item was shipped that the account was fraudulently used and the item was in route to an address that was changed from the original eBay user's own. Not going into the eBay drama of dealing with their ineptness... go check out the other thread for that.

Called the post office in this area this morning anyway. As soon as I started to describe the situation, the CSR for USPS asked if this was a package sent to 600 Markley Street Port Reading, NJ 07064?

Umm... why yes... yes it is...

She told me that they have been receiving MANY complaints. The property is a warehouse that appears to be for sale but still in use somehow. She also said that the address is currently under investigation. She tried pulling the package for me but it was already in route and it was eventually delivered this afternoon one day after I shipped it out.

So... a warehouse is being used as an address for many parcels initiated through fraudulent means. She also told me that the packages have been addressed to multiple people. In my case it was Pavel Borisov.

So

600 Markley Street

Port Reading, NJ 07064

Don't ship anything to this address especially if it might catch up to any of the things that some of us sell online. I figured a Star Wars Lego Set fit that genre that might be shared with some of the stuff we all seem to sell.

Send him something nice in the mail.

Haven't decided. I think you get away doing something like that once. I used that card up twice already over a decade ago. Now, I have too much to lose.

However... The thought is there as to what I could do to spook the guy.

I don't get it. Can someone change the shipping address post-order and the seller be responsible for it?

I think they changed the address before they ordered and then went shopping.

Either way... Post Office in Woodbridge and Port Reading both made mention that they have a lot of calls regarding this address.

I was looking online to find if anyone else had an issue with ebay. The address 600 Markley St. Port Reading, NJ was changed to my primary address on my account with my name. The reason why the names are different is because the hackers get into the legit users ebay, and changes the primary account address. I almost bought using my address that would have been sent to the wrong address, i just happened to catch it in time. So, the users name is still the same, it's the address that they are changing. The user's account looks the same unless they go into their account and notice that the primary address is changed, otherwise they have no clue.

I called ebay and they assured me my account was safe ( I did change my password immediately), and my information was not compromised. I pointed out that they CHANGED my primary address, and they had to use my password to access that information. I would suggest anyone who uses ebay to check the shipping address and the primary address in their account. I would also suggest changing your Ebay, email, Paypal, and your bank if you use them through either ebay or paypal.

Per the interweb: "Meest-America has become a dominant force in package delivery with services to Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia. Our specialized transportation and logistics services to those countries lead the way as one of the most recognized brands in North America."

Google the Markley address and Meest is the top result. Some clown in the Eastern bloc is probably using them as an intermediary to get his pilfered eBay goods.

Just a heads up it is not the buyer that is causing the issue! I just tried to order something off ebay and when I went to confirm my delivery address there was this 600 Markley St address saved as my primary address. Thank God I always double check everything or my order would have been sent their as well.... I found your thread while googling the address as I was trying to find out who or where this place is. Apparently someone has hacked a lot of accounts and changed the primary address in hopes that people won't check the delivery address when purchasing.

I live 20 minutes away and might be traveling near there this weekend. Hmmm. I am not a vigilante (much more Impulse than The Flash!) but it may be worth a trip for gits and shiggles.

Wow! A quick Google search suggests that this has been going on since at least July. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be letting some of my close contacts know about this. Sorry about the headache you are going through regarding the Lego set. :(

On October 31st I had someone from this address purchase a used $70 cellphone from me buy it now, it was a different buyer name though.

I also googled this meest-america company, and on first look appeared to be a legitimate shipping middle-man. I required signature delivery on the package because it still seemed strange, but it was signed for and I have not seen any issues as of yet.

It's possible the person who bought the phone from me was the victim of a stolen account, who then had the goods shipped out of the country thanks to the middleman. As a seller, I don't think I will be liable as I had it signed for. I am guessing the credit card company will be on the hook for this if it was unauthorized use. It's also possible that only SOME of the items going here are from stolen accounts. There are probably buyers using this shipping service legitimately or the company would have been shut down by now if it was all one giant theft ring.

Whenever I try selling anything electronics related on ebay it's always where I run into this shady stuff. I sold an xbox live scratch off code and a month later received a chargeback case being opened claiming that the purchase was made with an unathorized card (well after it was delivered). eBay opened the case but when I contacted them, it was explained ebay wanted proof from me so they could make a case against the credit card company, as the credit card company didn't want to take responsibility. They used my tracking info as evidence against it, case was closed and I kept the money.

Edited by 90sChild

I also found this thread and forum by googling this NJ address. Purchased something today on ebay and luckily noticed that my address was all wrong during check out.

I found a few threads on eBay's community board regarding fraud related to this address. Across the board, no one has gotten satisfaction from contacting ebay, but one person was told by an ebay representative that the hacker's location is in China (of course ebay still can't/won't do anything about it).