• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Only ever seen the packs at the one in the gallery in center city.

I thought The Gallery closed, not like I went there much anyway because of parking hassles.

All of the other Philly & Philly burbs shops have them, but they look like they've been searched pretty good with the outer books pushed upwards

If a first appearance has two covers, I buy the one I like. But in all honesty to hear someone who collects marvel SA and BA keys talk about print runs being ANY factor in a book... That's absurd and hypocritical. Fantastic four 48 and Hulk 181 have a print run of like 1 billion lol

:gossip: For these variants print runs matter because they create the bulk of the demand. For Hulk #181 the demand is over what is on the inside. It's a big difference. When only the cover matters demand hangs by a very thin thread.

By that logic, Hulk #180 would be the more valuable and sought-after book. This is not the case. Collectors prefer #181 because of... the cover. (Just throwing this out there, although I do see the point you're trying to make.)

Also, many of these debates miss the fact that the hobby has grown into collectors purchasing many, many books purely for the cover artwork. It's art; not so different from buying a rare painting at this point. And the better the story behind it, the more it's worth.

Im a cover collector

Same here.

I'm a cover collector too. I also prefer a hulk 181 over 180.

It only makes sense as a lot of card collectors are back in the fold.

That I don't understand, and I collect Detective comics from GA to Modern, Pre Code Horror, and keys/classic covers. The expensive variant business, eh. To each their own, but I cap at like 100.00 on moderns. All my copper and modern keys are sold to buy PCH.

Here's an opinion written in a way that I can respect. (thumbs u

Only ever seen the packs at the one in the gallery in center city.

I thought The Gallery closed, not like I went there much anyway because of parking hassles.

All of the other Philly & Philly burbs shops have them, but they look like they've been searched pretty good with the outer books pushed upwards

Was up there for jury duty before wizard world.Most of it is closed.Not sure if it is all closed now.

Don't know if this is old news or not, but anything Deathstroke is about to explode; New Teen Titans #2 is already going for ~$200.00 more than it was last week due to confirmed appearance as the main villain in the new Batman solo movie.

Deathstroke is hot. Deadpool already was.

So how about Deathstroke versus Deadpool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-Batman-Annual-1-VF-NM-DC-save-on-shipping-details-inside-/311665140137?hash=item4890b0a1a9:g:-j0AAOSwZVlXmQ0I

Half kidding, half not.

Usually around $6, but a few more bucks in that post.

Even worse, they are ripping Deadpool in Harley Quinn. Red Tool? Come on, so bad people aren't even talking about it (DOH, I just did).

Patrick

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/marvel-tv-developing-new-warriors-comedy-series-featuring-squirrel-girl-a144910

MSH v2 #8 and Thor 411 will get some nice bumps

(Yes IMO 411 over 412) tougher to find in high grade, shows all the characters forming the team and first full appearance of Dwayne Michael Taylor. If you read both 411 and 412, you would agree. 412 has the cover but that's it.

Not sure if considered copper or modern so will post in both

Edited by 1p36DSA

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/marvel-tv-developing-new-warriors-comedy-series-featuring-squirrel-girl-a144910

MSH v2 #8 and Thor 411 will get some nice bumps

(Yes IMO 411 over 412) tougher to find in high grade, shows all the characters forming the team and first full appearance of Dwayne Michael Taylor. If you read both 411 and 412, you would agree. 412 has the cover but that's it.

Not sure if considered copper or modern so will post in both

Can you at least TRY and make an effort to be less biased???

Card collector vs comic collector thoughts. Will be interesting to see which wins.

what does this mean?

I think it's about the argument over what constitutes a 1st appearance and what should the hobby value more in the variations that people have come up with.

Thor 411 is the more important New Warriors book to some and 412 to others.

Card collector vs comic collector thoughts. Will be interesting to see which wins.

what does this mean?

I think it's about the argument over what constitutes a 1st appearance and what should the hobby value more in the variations that people have come up with.

Thor 411 is the more important New Warriors book to some and 412 to others.

Sweet Juggernaut cover vs. sweet green cover with washed up heroes.