• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

I used to buy copies of CBM at Gosh Comics in London back in the 90s. Like many other collectors, it had a huge influence on me, and introduced me to all the non-E.C. pre-code classic books, along with all the other GA rival publishers to the big two, such as Fox, MLJ, Quality, Nedor, Centaur, etc.

Can't praise that mag enough. Eventually, on one of my regular trips over to the U.S., I bought a set of the first 25 issues at a Con. Still have the complete set which I reread occasionally.

I used to buy copies of CBM at Gosh Comics in London back in the 90s. Like many other collectors, it had a huge influence on me, and introduced me to all the non-E.C. pre-code classic books, along with all the other GA rival publishers to the big two, such as Fox, MLJ, Quality, Nedor, Centaur, etc.

Can't praise that mag enough. Eventually, on one of my regular trips over to the U.S., I bought a set of the first 25 issues at a Con. Still have the complete set which I reread occasionally.

I wish I had been exposed to it then, I never knew about pre code horror stuff back then, still better late than never.

Yep, me too. Josh from Gosh!

I wish I had been exposed to it then, I never knew about pre code horror stuff back then, still better late than never.

I literally started collecting Golden Age this Spring and I have been able to find 90% of the comics on my want list. I already have a decent collection going because of this great forum. Before this Spring I only had one GA comic which is the one in my avatar (Jetta #5).

I literally started collecting Golden Age this Spring and I have been able to find 90% of the comics on my want list. I already have a decent collection going because of this great forum. Before this Spring I only had one GA comic which is the one in my avatar (Jetta #5).

:applause:

Today's low grade find :-)

Bottom spine gone but still all 16 pages to centerfold and centerfold is tight. Cover is still attached but to back cover with tear through front cover.

Wonder if this is a 1.0...1.5....1.8...2.0

Betting 1.5 myself?

I cut it in half for board hosting from the phone ... :-)

164096.jpg.13a2ea455f32d875b8380839f64507cb.jpg

164097.jpg.243720653e698c6a05077b3a92303c0f.jpg